Community Desk

PeterB
PeterB Member Posts: 65
edited February 2018 in General discussion
Had our first Community Desk at Westfields North Lakes for the Men’s Breast Cancer Forum. Had George, another BC survivor, Helen co-founder of TMBCF and my wife there helping out. Had about six people actually stop and start a conversation about bc. Handed out a heap of our flyers and symptoms sheets.
Mostly gave them to the wives and gf to give to their men. Amazed how so many men did not want to have anything to do with our flyers.
Looking at doing this again in October, when it’s Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Comments

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @PeterB
    What a great initiative and well done for getting the message out to the community.

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    What great work guys. A lot of men need nagging from their wives and gfs to take care of their health, haha! Hopefully your hard work will help to break down some of the avoidance men feel towards bc awareness... not just a women's disease.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    that is awesome men .... good on you and your partners for helping to raise awareness

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Fantastic idea - the wheels can turn slowly but everything we do and say will gradually raise awareness that sadly, beast cancer does not discriminate in any way!  Great work
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    What a great idea!  Even if the guys weren't openly receptive to it, now they are more aware.  Perhaps they'll go away and google it in the privacy of their homes with no one looking.
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Well done @PeterB, good on you! X
  • HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Excellent Peter B.  
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Marvelous men just as important as the women.well done getting the word out
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @PeterB
    is there a possibility you could send me a PDF of that flyer? as  I want to print it out and take it to relay for life in a few weeks. 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Well done that’s awesome. All the awareness we can raise the better. Margie x