Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Perjeta access as second line treatment for HER2+ MBC - suggestions please

2»

Comments

• KeelyB
    KeelyB Member Posts: 15
    A very exciting update - my oncologist contacted Roche again on my behalf and they have agreed to fund Perjeta for the next 6 months, with a review after that.  I am ecstatic! 
    So if anyone else is in my situation, I suggest talking to your oncologist.  I guess some may see this as a relatively short term fix, but life with MBC is made by adding all these short terms together :>
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,530
    @KeelyB That is fantastic news!  woo hoo!

Take care
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @KeelyB
    That is great news!  I have contacted our policy team today for an update regarding Perjeta.  Will be in touch shortly with some information.  So great that the treatment is working for you and that the financial burden has been lifted!  Its a great win for you!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    KeelyB hope that it is something that is granted soon as it is working for yourself and others as a subsequent line of treatment. 

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    Keely, 
    I am so pleased Roche has come through for you. I suspect I am about to be in the same situation as things seem to be on the move gain after a long time stable on Herceptin. I hope there are some responses to your post.
    Best wishes..... Pam
  • Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    That's wonderful news.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Congratulations @KeelyB! Wonderful news! K xox
  • KeelyB
    KeelyB Member Posts: 15
    @Pamelamary hope you don't need to change, but if you do Perjeta is honestly great - feel as normal as just on Herceptin.