Zoladex

Kiahdee
Kiahdee Member Posts: 10
Hi everyone, 
I’m looking for some advice/information. 
I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma in left breast in 2012. 
Treatment was Lumpectomy, Sentinel Node Biopsy, Aux Clearance, 6 x Chemo (Fec and Taxotere), 20 x radiation treatments. 
Hormone Therapy which followedwas Arimidex, then Tamoxifen and then Zoladex injections only, as side effects of Tamoxifen were too great. 
I had my last Zoladex injection last month as I’ve completed 5 years of hormone therapy. Yay!
But can anyone tell me of your experiences post  Zoladex as I’m not sure what to expect. 
Forgot to mention I was 41 at diagnosis, I’m 47 this month. oncologist believes monthly cycle will come back. 
 The joys! 
Look forward to hearing from you. 
Deanna. 

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi Kiahdee,
    I am sure the other ladies who have been on this medication will share their experiences with you. 
    I have not been on it so can't comment.
    SoldierCrab

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Hallo lm 5 years post diagnosis. I stopped zoladex before l had my hystetectomy l couldnt believe how my stiffnesd in my body dissapeared once l didnt have them any more.  Adean xx
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    I stopped Zoladex a few months ago. I am 41 and my cycle hasnt returned. I was a regular 28 day cycle before Zoladex
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    I finished Zoladex in July, after 26 injections, one every 4 weeks and had two small bleeds - which Onc had suggested would happen.  He also had said if they were persistent then he would do another D&C  I have a vaginal ultrasound regular to check on what is happening and due again in February before visiting Gynaecology Oncologist.
    As to how do I feel well fatigue is a major factor, I assume the combination of all treatment and ongoing medications.  Hope that helps!  Take care x
  • Kiahdee
    Kiahdee Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for your responses everyone. It’s made me feel better and know I’m not alone in this part of the journey. 
    I’ve been feeling really tired some days and other days I’m full of energy. Joint pain has lessened, thankfully!
     I’ll see how it all goes.
    Merry Christmas and here’s to a healthy 2018. Deanna.