Todays the day

2»

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Hope you have been given the little underarm pillow that fits between your arm and breast as is invaluable when lying down.Also Berlei apparently provides a free post op bra but must admit I prefer my ah bras for comfort.No lifting for a while so time to let others help out.Glad to hear all went well but surprised you were home so quick as I was in 2/3 days - mine was 1.4 cm but needed a reexcision 10 days later to get clear margins.I had sentinel node biopsy 2 nodes one with microstasis: Ended up with 16 rounds radiotherapy plus as er+ am on hormone therapy for 5 years - no chemo.Wishing you the best
  • Romla
    Forgot mine was lobular bc LHS deep down on breast bone and was very lucky had a brilliant mammographer (?) as not all would have found it so early.
  • Salpal
    Salpal Member Posts: 43
    @Romla yes l have the pillow neatly tucked under my arm and my breast care nurse organised my berlei bra ready for surgery.
    I opted for lumpectomy and node removal and was only meant be a day unless other concerns.
    I have an invasive ductal carcinoma, er+ cancer (still trying to learn medical terms)
    You mentioned microtasis on 2 nodes - does this mean cancer cells or growths or both ? I'm interested as mentioned earlier 1 of my 4 nodes had a "growth" which will be tested at pathology...growth and cancer are a scary word combination at the moment.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @Salpal
    Good news.  Thank you for letting us know.  Rest up now.  Enjoy the good excuse to do nothing for a few days.
    Summer   :)
  • Romla
    Micrometasis means tiny traces of spread - was only on 1 node .As surgeon removed the nodes neither he nor medical oncologist recommended chemo - they felt radiotherapy would resolve any further spread..Hope you have the BCNA My Journey kit as at this stage I found it invaluable coming to grips with what was happening. Am happy to answer any questions I can to help plus so will any number of wise and wonderful women on this site - remember always we have your back.
  • Romla
    Am not sure of the meaning of growth mine was a small number of very tiny cancer cells
  • Caseypinto
    Caseypinto Member Posts: 258
    Good to hear @Salpal keep resting and heal well xx
  • JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    Glad things went well. Rest rest rest.  I hope you are surrounded by helpful loving carers. All the best for your follow up next week. Xo Janine 
  • Pammy46
    Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
    My surgery was this time last year rest easy before your treatment starts thinking of you xx