Bone Scans - What they're like

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had I had a bone scan with my hands above my head. It was a bit  uncomfortable, especially after having had surgery. I always keep my eyes closed during scans and imagine I’m on my favourite beach. This worked through radiotherapy too. 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    I had my bone scan before surgery, same time I had my dye injected for the sentinel node mapping. Arms were above my head, I wasn't uncomfortable because that's how I sleep of a night, in the images of the scan it looks like my skeleton is raising it's arms going woooohoooooo - made me laugh. Xx 
  • Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    I have had every sort of scan from bone scans, MRIs, CTs, ultrasounds and cardiac scans and have managed to keep my eyes firmly shut for every single one so never had to face or get freaked out by the big machines.  It worked for me and I never had to experience myself as small, fleshy and vulnerable in these big metal monsters until, sadly, I went through the six weeks of radiotherapy when I was forced to view myself in the reflection every day, snorkle in mouth and everything.  Anyway, it is almost all done and dusted for me (just two more herceptin infusions then port out-hurray!) so I hope to continue to quietly recover spared of memories of this particular part of the whole ordeal.
    Best wishes all,
    Fiona