33, mother of 3 and newly diagnosed.

2»

Comments

• jane84
    jane84 Member Posts: 63
    @RachelG it's so upsetting having to change your life around isn't it? Someone told me today, this becomes the new norm and that it's ok, it's just a temporary thing, life will get back to normal....I dunno! Easy said! One positive I guess is I'll have more time with the kids after stepping back from ft to casual.

I'm seeing the lovely team at the Mater hospital. What about you? 

On a side note I'm a qualified Mua, been doing it ten years! Just switch to clothing retail in the last 18months for a change but I miss cosmetics :) 

• skitten
    skitten Member Posts: 5
    I'm also in Brisbane :)  I'm 34 with 2 kids (1 & 3), diagnosed in April with stage 1 triple negative.  Had surgery, finished chemo last month, and have just started radiation.  I work part time (3 days/week) and I ended up taking 3 months off work during chemo.  

• lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Hi Jane my name is Laura I am 38 (37) when diagnosed in Feb. I have 2 small boys 5 & 2 (were 4 & 1 when I was diagnosed) I luckily found a lump on my tiny A cup breast in the shower. Have had double mastectomy, axillary clearance, 6mths of chemo and about to start 6weeks of radiation on the 23rd. My breast cancer was caught early but was aggressive hence all the treatment. I was very lucky and had very few side effects on chemo. My life pretty much stayed as normal if you take away all the appointments etc... but day to day stayed as normal as we could for the boys. I am a teacher and dropped back to 2 days a week and that was really good for my mental health to keep working. It's scary and shit and crazy and lonely at times but you can do it. I found my boys were great motivators to keep strong and get shit done! Good luck and am here if you need a chat at any stage. It's always nice to talk to women who are ahead of you in this crazy journey xxx
  • jane84
    jane84 Member Posts: 63
    Thank you all for sharing your stories, it's comforting knowing we aren't alone :) I am inspired by you all! 

Does anyone meet up or go to support groups in Brisbane? 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Wow @Igray3911 I'm 39 have a 5 & 2 yo and am also a teacher
  • Fionap2017
    Fionap2017 Member Posts: 64
    Hi Jane. I'm 38 and I have 2 kids. My eldest is 11 and my bubby turns 1 next weekend. I was diagnosed 5 weeks ago. I've had 2 surgeries and I start chemo tomorrow. It's all so daunting but this online network is amazing- it's great to know you're not alone. I'm in Tweed, not too far from you.