Scar Management for anyone finding them taking a long time to heal, red, bumpy, itchy...

Options
2»

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Shit That’s right I need to get it off. 
  • onemargie
    Options
    I just messaged @Marianne_BCNA to take it off as I can’t see where I can do it myself x
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    It depends on timing - you can edit if the wheel is still live on the top right hand side of your message. Try also going into your own profile and see if you can delete from there xxxx
  • onemargie
    Options
    No wheel there anymore I’ve tried going into my profile and cant see anywhere to edit it xx
  • nikkid
    Options
    Oh well..,don’t stress. They’ll take it down ASAP....
  • onemargie
    Options
    I don’t care anyone on here seeing it to be honest I was more worried or might offend someone or upset them x
  • nikkid
    Options
    Shouldn’t offend anyone and if it does, we will give them the old ‘what for!’ Xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    I agree it wont offend at all!! I think we forget sometimes the general forum is public eeeeh xx 
  • onemargie
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Too late now knew as soon as I clicked post I should of thought about it first oh well I guess I’ll have to wait now to see if anyone from the BCNA can fix it for me. Too many UDLs I think.  Margie x
  • viking1
    viking1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    I think your mastectomy scars look very good Margie.  xxx

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    I just went back to look again, and they're gone, @onemargie. The curious nurse in me. Mind you, the ones of your port scar are also gone. What I did see, your wounds look good. I might have to invest in some of that tape. Thanks for the information 
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi @onemargie and others in this conversation. @Melclarity is right in pointing out this forum is open to the public. I have removed the post with your photos attached as requested. It's great you feel confident about sharing photos of how well your mastectomy scars have healed - they do look great! - and as the responses indicate, a picture can be really valuable, but coming across such content without any warning may be triggering to some members and possibly not suitable to view at a workplace. If posting sensitive material including photos it is important to have an alert indicating the post contains material that may be triggering for some members. 
    Rosie   
  • onemargie
    Options
    Thank you Rosie. Margie x
  • Vallerina
    Vallerina Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Dear Mel,
    Its lovely you have taken the time to pass this information on  to other ladies  and try to make something positive from a difficult experience. This is what makes this site so nice, so  thank you. Sorry your scars are bothering you, but it sounds like you are onto it.
    Hugs
    Vallerina
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    My scars for the most part are good two years down the track. It took quite a while after mastectomy and auxiliary clearance for things to flesh out a bit so I could get better movement. Most of my problem was near the center of my chest where I have a protruding bone. Just a quirky thing of me but with movement, that area pulled so tight over the bone would bruise easily. It is much better now.