What music lifts you spirits?

Options
2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I think Ebb Tide was one of the first records I ever heard! My mum bought it too and played it on a particularly ugly austerity (we lived in Scotland) radio cum gramophone, best you could get post war. That takes me back! 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Frank Chacksfield's version integrates the sounds of the waves and the gulls with the music - is just wonderful
  • Romla
    Options
    Hi onemargie once a Port Elliot kid always a Pt E kid - we've only found this piece of paradise 20 years ago but some of our friends have been going 50 years.Have heard Qld has a similar spot though called Agnes Water . Pt E has not changed much over the years thank goodness - it's our Christmas holiday place for a month each year and a regular day trip during the year - just bliss.Hi Wendy h67 - Our road trips to Qld have always been accompanied by the backdrop of Presley ballads (MDH) , Buble (me) and Peter , Paul and Mary (the kids) - love Buble 's song Home esp and nearly worn the cd out.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    We just got home from seeing America at the Country Music Festival in Broadbeach.  They were fantastic and what a blast to hear them play Sister Golden Hair, Ventura Highway and Horse with no Name!  :)
  • Romla
    Options
    Wow to hear those harmonies live - a great band - remember all the songs - sounds like a wonderful day out and about enjoying live music with loads of other people! Reckon was a great thing to do. Glad you had such fun !