Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Fragility

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Thank you for all your kind words - it has hit home today and so feel sad, stressed and all those other emotions.  Things seem to multiply sometimes, now her sister (my other cousin) has been diagnosed with breast cancer and I have a sister set for major spinal surgery Monday as well as.  I know we all have differing things going on in our lives and it seems to be they all come at once to test the resolve and emotions doesn't it!  Can't get rid of this damned cough lingering from a cold, in week 7 now!

Take care everyone and take stock of those around you  xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Big hug to you Christine @iserbrown and hoping that you can celebrate the life and joys that your cousin would have shared with you. Well wishes to your other cousin and to your sister too. Sending positive vibes your families way and hoping all works out well. Xx
     Image result for free hug image
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    My thoughts are with you. Such true words, and I will try to keep them in mind too.

• Scared Mum
    Scared Mum Member Posts: 169

iserbrown said:

I just wanted to share with you all that today is a sad day for my family.  We have learnt that cousin, not too much older than I, has lost her battle.  Primary was Breast cancer but in time her body rebelled; the duodenum was where it was detected.
    She is now at peace.  Just a reminder how fragile we all are.  Today is a reminder for me to take stock around me, be thankful that mine is under control and not to become distressed (scanxiety) over the constant tests.  My next round is 30 June.
    Take care all xx

I'm sorry for your loss its a sad day for me too today, I just learnt that my step mother who is in nsw (I'm in SA) has hours to live  : ( her primary was ovarian cancer and I cant get there in time.. I feel thankful that Nat is still in the clear and I try not to become distressed but makes me worry a tad  xx
  • iserbrown
    @Scared Mum thank you for your message.  I am pleased to hear that Nat is still in the clear! 
    My heart goes out to you with your step mother; she will be constantly in your thoughts.
    Please give Nat a big hug and sending you a virtual hug
    Take care xx
  • Hulos
    Hulos Member Posts: 94
    Hi, so sorry to hear your sad news. I am not very good with these types of words, but i hope that we all live a healthy long life by enjoying each day.
    Love to all....xxx
  • iserbrown
    Dear oh dear! Crumbs and double crumbs!  One of my neighbours has lost her battle. Breast cancer that became mets.
    Once again reminded of our fragility. 
    I will arrange the interment and attend the Cemetery; that is my day job but I won't attend the service; too hard emotionally. 
    Please take care and take stock of those around you 

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Oh Christine!!! I am so so sorry, that is awful news! Absolutely how fragile we are. Hugs Melinda xo
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    So sorry to hear of your sad news Christine. I'm sure that you will send your friend off in a fitting manner, sending you big hugs. Please be gentle with you on such a hard emotional day. Xx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    I'm so sorry to hear you have lost your friend Christine. But what a beautiful gift you are giving her in arranging her send off. Sending you a hug at this sad time. Jane xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    So sorry @iserbrown . There are no words but know we are thinking of you and appreciate how hard this all must be for you. Kath x
  • iserbrown
    Thank you everyone, I am meeting the family this afternoon, how hard it is to be professional in your role when it is someone who you know well and the other part of course is the journey that she has been on.  Self says no that isn't going to happen to me, however none of us know and it is the fear we all live with isn't it!  Self, think positive!
    Take care and thank you again
  • iserbrown
    It was 4 weeks from diagnosis of mets to now.  Original diagnosis of breast cancer was 9 years ago!  Goodness doesn't it knock the damned socks off us! 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    We just never know do we.xxxx
  • Cassina
    Cassina Member Posts: 74
    so sorry for your loss, frightening really this horrible disease