Update

Options
2»

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Wow! My breast surgeon is also head of surgery at one of Melbourne's largest hospitals and she could still make time to see me to discuss my results within a week! What a pity @hannahjane. Is there another doctor at the breast clinic at Northern Hospital other than Dr Hope that you could see?

How is the recovery from your biopsy going?
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    @hannahjane I'm sorry to hear that, extremely unusual 5 weeks? I can't imagine your GP would have those results. I must have missed something. 
  • hannahjane
    hannahjane Member Posts: 25
    Options
    She hasn't requested me to see anyone else, when we discussed me having the biopsy and getting the results she said she couldn't see me for another 5-7 weeks because she's busy and asked if I could wait for the results then and I said sorry no I don't feel comfortable waiting that long for them so I requested her to send the results to my gp and she just said that if it does come back to be anything " nasty" I have to go back and see her and she seemed happy with that so I'm not sure .. 
  • hannahjane
    Options
    Oh and I'm doing ok after the biopsy still a bit sore but I'm glad it's over :) 
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Was it a punch one?  :s
  • hannahjane
    Options
    Yeah the " core biopsy " with the gun thing that shoots the needle into the lump ☹️
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    @hannahjane I have been a patient of the Northern Hospital Breast Clinic for 9 years, in Cooper Street Epping behind Epping Plaza, is that the hospital you have been attending????
  • hannahjane
    Options
    Yes, that's the one cate :) 
  • hannahjane
    Options
    Sorry the breast surgeon I seen was " dr grace chew " at the northern hospital, for some reason I thought her name was " dr grace hope " 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hello @hannahjane, I was thinking of you and wondering whether you have got any results back yet. Hope you are doing OK. The waiting is terrible. Sending a hug, Jane xx