Travel Insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Harley can u explain why u had to get insurance to cover this trip and not previous ones please? I have metastic cancer (have treatment every 3 weeks) and haven't been able to get coverage. I'm hoping to go to South America later this yr and would like coverage. Who did u get it thru? Cheers Anne
  • Debrak
    Debrak Member Posts: 12
    Options
    mine has spread into the breastbone within 5 years so most wouldn't insure me even Covermore I have found cover with All Clear for my NZ trip this year but still working on USA next year 
  • Cyclo
    Cyclo Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks Harley and Melinda 
    yes ive finished treatment so have been weighing up the risks re insurance and will delay paying  full amount until as late as possible and get some checks beforehand, I tend to have short holidays and japan will be two weeks ,thanks for the tip about dvt. Glad you enjoyed japan, I can't wait. 
    lyn 
  • Harlee
    Harlee Member Posts: 106
    Options

Hi Harley can u explain why u had to get insurance to cover this trip and not previous ones please? 

I had to get full insurance for Antarctica as they won't let you on the ship without it. I (and everyone on the expedition) still have to pass a medical within 90 days of sailing.
    My insurance for Antarctica is with CHI but the extra payment to be covered for Breast Cancer was $660 on top of the premium of $650 for a couple. I booked the Antarctica trip when it was 2 years after my treatment (but still 20 months before the holiday) as that was the first time I could get insurance for the trip. I don't have Metastatic cancer so I think it's easier for me to get insurance.  

I have chosen not to get coverage for breast cancer for my other trips because my first 2 trips were within 6 months of my treatment and I couldn't get cover anyway. I asked my Oncologist a lot of questions before I decided to travel and he was very supportive. My husband and I decided to make a call 1 month before our trips and either abandon the trip or just go. Once I had done it a few times I was more comfortable with accepting the risk of travelling without BC cover. I must admit that when I'm away I refuse to think too much about aches and pains and I certainly don't do any breast self exams!

• Debrak
    Options
    So now I have to wait until September 2017 to contact All Clear travel insurance for my trip to USA in September 2018 as they won't even talk to me more then 12 months out BUT I also have to book accommodation tickets etc earlier then that and just hope I can get insurance????!!
  • Debrak
    Options
    has anyone got cover with all Clear for breast cancer spread within 5 years?
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Holy cow I messaged my insurance company and then missed their call but I emailed today advising since paying  our travel insurance I have been diagnosed with cancer.  Now remember this is a cruise around Queensland.   But we are flying to Sydney,  They messaged saying they need to talk to me as they certainly don't cover that. Wtf.  But realistically I have had surger and It's not in my nodes so shouldn't they just cover me for everything except that?   I am regretting emailing them this morning.  Xrappity
    Xrap.
  • Debrak
    Options

Looks like I won't get cover for my breast cancer for US next year but probably everything else. So I will make sure I am as clear as can be before we go