Hello - here I am

2»

Comments

• Mouse
    Mouse Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2015

I am at the same stage- scared and waiting..surgeon on Wednesday too lets keep our fingers crossed...

• w_w_w_dette
    w_w_w_dette Member Posts: 156
    edited March 2015

Hi Anne

Even though I haven't been online, I have been wondering how you're doing. Do have a bit of a picture of your treatment plan? I know I haven't posted much about my chemo side-effects but was sort of waiting to see if your chemo was going to involve similar drugs - better than overloading you too much maybe. I will make the effort in the next couple of days though.

Take care, Dette xxoo

• anne4weeks
    anne4weeks Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015

Hi Dette

I'm having 3 drugs. The third one is Herceptin (Trastuzumab) (3-weekly for 12 mths) but I forget the names of the other two - now found the form: Docetaxel, Carboplatin and Trastuzumab. 

Anne xxoo

• w_w_w_dette
    edited March 2015

Hi again Anne

Well it's probably just as well I hadn't said too much as my first 3 treatments were FEC, none of which you're having. I changed to Docetaxel last Thursday for the final 3 and must admit it has stopped me in my tracks. My energy level and capacity for thinking is zilch. Aching bones, etc have so far been manageable with paracetamol and soaks in the bath. Today the dry mouth has really kicked in and so taste is non-existent but still not the metallic taste I was dreading.

Am now hoping that having hit 1 week out mark i might start to pick up.

All the best with our treatment and I'll try to stay a little more in touch.

Dette xxoo

• anne4weeks
    edited March 2015

Had Chemo 1 yesterday - so far so good. Find me on Facebook - Anne Weeks (Southern Cross University) for photos of me & my new friend Joanne in our cold caps.

One day at a time, eh Dette - time for brekky then a nap - enjoying Upstairs Downstairs DVDs immensely and can replay the bits I sleep through, lol.

Still don't remeber which button to click for tagging these posts - so no Facebook tag... :-(

Anne :-)

• anne4weeks
    edited March 2015

Had Chemo 1 yesterday - so far so good. Find me on Facebook - Anne Weeks (Southern Cross University) for photos of me & my new friend Joanne in our cold caps.

One day at a time, eh Dette - time for brekky then a nap - enjoying Upstairs Downstairs DVDs immensely and can replay the bits I sleep through, lol.

Still don't remeber which button to click for tagging these posts - so no Facebook tag... :-(

Anne :-)

• w_w_w_dette
    edited March 2015

Hi Mouse

Will be thinking of you tomorrow - once you have those results makes it easier because you can start the concrete process of your treatment plan and in some way "know what you're in for".

All the best, Dette xxoo

• anne4weeks
    edited March 2015

All the best for tomorrow, Mouse! - I am sending you love, support and courage to face whatever you hear. Who is going with you? It's vital to have a second pair of ears as 'breast cancer' covers so many different kinds of cancer. Then there will be many differnt chemo drugs (or none) and chemo IV or tablets... blah blah blah so you'll have tailor-made options to follow which will be based on your body and what the case cinferfence of health professiolsa recommend.

Let us know, once you have the names of yr drugs.

zzz meds lkicking in to send me to bed - xx

Anne

• Mouse
    Mouse Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2015

Thanks Anne- I just posted so you will see my news :( but i am resigned and marching forward- dont know what type of chemo yet but nymph nodes ok - blessed to have wonderful family who are my ears and hand holders. thanks for support  xxxx