Very worried lump close to scar of mastectomy

Options
2»

Comments

• Roxie66
    Roxie66 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Forgot to say that this lump is on the breast that didn't have the cancer in it, which is making me worry a bit less.. (or it should be, I seem to be worrying myself into a frenzy anyway.)

• Nannatash
    Nannatash Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi roxie66 yer I had ultrasound this arvo n the man said fatty scar tissue in the scaring and mine mived putting arm over head to have ultrasound but a ultrasound is a good peace of mind it seems quiet common after surgery for all us going through this but we don't get told iit at time of surgery of wat possibilities are like scare tissue fatty lymph nodes in scar all the best xx
  • Nannatash
    Nannatash Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Roxie66 its best to go get checked and ultrasound for piece of mind all the best xxx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    @Nannatash thats great news you got that sorted out! I had a massive lump after a lumpectomy in 2011 thats where my recurrence happened in 2015, so absolutely always check it out. Im 11 weeks post mastectomy left breast and diep flap recon and have a large piece of fat necrosis on the cleavage side uuugh! theyre not anxious to do anything about it, so they'll remove it once I have my revision within 6 months. Glad you know! Hugs Melinda xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Great you know what it is. 
  • Roxie66
    Roxie66 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    That's great news @Nanatash - so glad it's nothing to worry about. And yes, I am seeing my plastic surgeon on Monday- I'm not the sort of person who ignores these things. I would have been in there yesterday if I could have been but that's the first available time.