Lots of questions, learning lots.

Options
2»

Comments

• KylieBNZ
    KylieBNZ Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks guys! This info is awesome.
    Di your treatment sounds like what they have planned for me but will know more on the 27th oncology appointment. 
    Hoping to go back to work on Monday as I don't have a lot of leave. 
    Used it all up looking after my mother in NZ and a bike race too
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi @KylieBNZ, I had single mastectomy with immediate reconstruction using an implant and also sentinel node biopsy with four nodes removed. My surgeon gave me the all clear to drive two weeks after surgery - I was however quite careful when pulling the handbrake on as the first time I did it I just went hell for leather like I usually do and gave myself a twinge :s. I had my underarm waxed two weeks after surgery and it wasn't an issue just a bit strange because I couldn't feel it smiley: I also found that gardening after surgery should be done very carefully. Because I was moving potting mix and bending over a lot I did manage to move my drain and gave myself a bit of pain (silly bugger!!) so after that I just gardened sitting in a chair - a lot more manageable.  Best wishes to you! Let us know how you get on. Xx Cath

• KylieBNZ
    KylieBNZ Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey I bought some hair removal cream today for the arm pit, pop on shower off too easy!  and drove into town Easy as!  Been back walking hills and on my bike trainer yay !! 
    I am fitter than most so I can do a lot more... but been careful too. 
    My partner will chain my mountain bike up if I try and use it but I aren't that silly. 
    I wore a sports bra today when I went shopping and bought two from target that I can step into as I am not comfortable going back to work next week without a bra on... rest of the time I don't care but for my work need a bit of boob support for my tinny A cup