Wigs

Options
2»

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Sheryn, I bought a synthetic wig in Sydney at a place called the Individual wig but I also looked online and found a UK site that has wigs a lot cheaper than in Australia - https://www.simplywigs.co.uk, you can also buy wig liners that help protect your head. I too was told only wash once every 20  days but use the special shampoo cause it helps keep it in top condition. Xx Cath

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Don't people amaze you with their strong opinions on what YOU should do. (the hairdresser ) I'd cut it off to spite her. Lol. As if you haven't given the decision a lot of thought. 
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    @Glemmis mine although synthetic & not terribly dear ($300) was great, it had a monofilment top part so my own scalp was visible between strands. I was told to fill the sink with cold water drop a little bit of shampoo in, drop in the wig, give it a little swish round then rinse it & then do the same & put Cuddly fabric softener in it as it is specifically designed for synthetic materials...

@Lmc1310 lol that was my silver lining, having no hair meant no time wasted on washing & styling each day, I simply got up & put my hair on... was a win win for me :)
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there sheryn

I had a wig clinic at the hospital and every single one of them made me look like Justin Bieber! I hated them all they all felt hot and uncomfortable and even the real hair one was awful and to be honest I never really wanted one just felt obligated as by breast care nurse encouraged me to take a look. I just rocked out in bandanas or scarves of all different colours and they were the best. Like mel at home I was just a baldy badger and didn't care!!  I have heaps if youd like them just message me. Margie
  • au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Options
    I bought one from Esi wigs in Melbourne. Was really nice even people didn't know I am wearing one haha! I went to my hairdresser to have my hair cut very very short before chemo started. 1. Didn't want to see my shoulder length hair fall out and make mess 2. Didn't want to risk having her cut my skin if I go during chemo 3. Wanted to see if the wig fitted me. So the plan worked well. I managed to claim a fair bit of money back from my private health extra cover. And possibly medicare as well.
  • au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Btw mine was synthetic but still great and easy to care for. I love that I don't need to wash my real hair, blow dry and iron with tongs haha! Definitely planning to use the wig for many months to come! Wearing it for too long can be uncomfy and hot. I wear a bamboo beanie most of the time when I am home.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    hi there sheryn  I have pm you. Margie :)
  • Twiggyjumps
    Twiggyjumps Member Posts: 116
    Options
    http://tammylobatowigs.com.au/ The best quality wigs I've come across. Lovely lady Tammy has a lovely shop exclusively wigs and head covers. Synthetics approx $300-$700 and real hair was over a thousand +. I got two heat defiant synthetics and then took them to my hairdresser to tweak and trim slightly for me. My hairdresser was amazed at the quality and colour that just suited me. :) I got this done now before my hair comes out and want to be prepared and hope to feel and look great. The other salon staff couldn't get over how awesome and natural they looked.