Hints and tips for pain relief?

Options
lgray3911
lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
edited March 2017 in Newly diagnosed
Hi another question, they are never ending at the moment. So I had a bilateral mastectomy on the 9th of March with sentinel node biopsy. Then due to nodes coming back positive had to go back to get Level 2 nodes removed on Thursday 23rd of March. I also got my chemo port inserted at the same time. Am home now and in lots of pain. It's like a burning feeling across my chest and strange pins and needles feeling down my arm. Any hints or tips on how to ease the pain. I have 2 small boys who want to be lifted and cuddled so it's hard.How long does that pain last?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
xxx
Tagged:

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I had Targin for severe pain relief. Others go for Endone. Get onto your doc for a script and don't just put up with it. <3
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    It could be nerve regeneration. I ended up needing lyrica for a few weeks which allowed me to stroe the area which assisted in getting used to touch again then could cht back. Pain relief wise I needed panadol osteo and tramadol. I found hugging a flat pillow helped when sitting..a long one I could tuck under my arms. Kath x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Im 4 weeks mastectomy and Diep Flap recon and I have to say the pain is still quite bad. Definitely no lifting happening at all, I just do arm exercises which seem to be helping. Pins and needles is the nerves so it will settle down in time. In terms of pain relief, did they not send you home with a plan? I had severe pain management issues because Im drug sensitive and cannot take opioids without being severely sick. All ive managed since coming home with is Panadol Osteo together with 2 Nurofen. As others have said you could be taking something stronger as needed, Targin or endone. Really limit any heavy lifting right now as it needs time to heal. Hugs Melinda xo