So sick - what do I do?

Options
2»

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I am concerned about your temp being so high...anything over 38 is more like a serious infection or influenza than a cold. I believe you should probably ring A&E again or go in. I know you don't want to but it really seems more like a neutropenia infection if temp that high. I was told also NO IBUPROFEN or aspirin on chemo due to bleeding risks. Check the handout they gave you about when you should get checked, it should have clear directions. Don't sit on it too long. Kath x
  • Lillian67
    Lillian67 Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Well the fever broke the next night finally and I started coughing up all the crap making me feel bad. I got back into my eating healthy and improved.
    It was such a shitty experience at the hospital. I kept getting asked why are you here? And felt like I was being a pain. Unfortunately I got the nurse that needed a refresher on bedside manners :(
    back on top again now. I was better by week 3 and managed to cook meals for the whole 2 weeks ahead. Freezer is stocked!
    chemo week this week and I have been taking it easy and side effects aren't so bad (touch wood) and I've yet to catch something this time around (touch wood).
    Round 3 half way through!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Glad youre feeling better!! Good news! I only got a chest infection after first infusion, then was absolutely fine after that and I was amongst special needs kids for awhile until I had to stop working due to being so ill on Chemo. 3rd week was always the best sort of back to normal then the next infusion and id be down for 2 weeks again. I just learnt to roll with it, I was determined to work and how Id be but my body had other ideas lol so youre doing GREAT! xoM
  • Lillian67
    Options
    Yes I'm finding the same. Week 1 is side effect week, week 2 is fatigue week, week 3 back to normal and mad panic preparing for chemo week. 
    Slowly learning just to rest. As someone who is always doing something I'm finding it very hard to just do nothing. My lust if things I will do next year when this is all over grows and grows!
  • Lillian67
    Options
    Yes I'm finding the same. Week 1 is side effect week, week 2 is fatigue week, week 3 back to normal and mad panic preparing for chemo week. 
    Slowly learning just to rest. As someone who is always doing something I'm finding it very hard to just do nothing. My lust if things I will do next year when this is all over grows and grows!
  • melclarity
    Options
    Absolutely Lilian, so important to stay focused and think of those wonderful things you want to do! The day will come, it just looks a little different but still lots of good stuff. Ive found things arent the same so work in progress but its a great feeling when you finish :)  x
  • melclarity
    Options
    Absolutely Lilian, so important to stay focused and think of those wonderful things you want to do! The day will come, it just looks a little different but still lots of good stuff. Ive found things arent the same so work in progress but its a great feeling when you finish :)  x
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Hang in there. Yep 1 week good in 3 is how it was for me. Good not great though!
  • au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Options

Lillian67 said:

Spent all day at the hospital. They ran a bunch of tests and decided that I had a virus and ok to go home and keep up with my pain meds. Yet they offered me none here.
    meanwhile I have spent from 10am to 4 here. Not offered water or food. I finally asked for panadol, 40 mins later she brings by which time I have a migraine. Change of shift and new nurse has given me something stronger.
    just waiting for hubby to pick me up. Wish I hadn't come in I feel worse than I did this morning :(

Oh boy in hospital and nobody offered any food? Poor you. I hope you did manage to get something to eat you need to. I am glad you got  yourself checked. Not sure why there's no fever maybe the antibiotics helped? When I got a sore throat in cycle 1 I had low grade fever. I wished my oncologist prescribed oral antibiotics but they went invasive straightaway, put me on antibiotic drip and ran blood tests. I had a physicial symptom which was sore throat and I felt that oral antibiotics and Difflam lozenges would have worked perfectly. Anyway the tests all came back fine and I was in hospital for four days, very angry me haha...

If your throat is still sore, take Difflam anti-flammatory from pharmacy they are great. Try to wear a mask at home if your little ones are unwell. Mine were unwell when I was on one cycle and I was wearing mask all the time, hate it can't breathe best but no choice. xxx