Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Wish the rollercoaster would slow down

Options
2»

Comments

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Vix, I really feel for you.  I am having I.V . Abraxane on Tuesday as well and think that is bad enough. I have been having it now since December and looks like it will continue indifferently until we can get Palociclib on the PBS.  My oncologist said that the new drug would be suitable for me.   I am due for bone scans and scans on all the organs in early April , so I hoping for tne best.  All I can say is stay positive . I would hate to go through what you have to do .  Will be thinking of you .Sending comforting hugs and love .
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    Brilliant @Soldier Crab :lol: 
  • Vix
    Vix Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey @wendy h 67 thanks for your lovely message. My medical oncologist has said to me she has a lady who has been on Abraxane for a year with continued good results and while my TM keep dropping I will be on it for a while yet. How are you coping on it? I am finding the longer I am on it the more tired & depleted I am, never really hungry as not active and have had to have 3 blood transfusions so far to boost low hemoglobin levels. Will be asking my medical oncologist about suitability of Palociclib for me when it finally makes it on the PBS and also if we are continuing this path for a long while yet, if I can just have a few weeks break to get my body feeling somewhat normal. You stay strong and positive too sweet lady x
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hi Vix, I didn't need to go through chemo/radiation so I am constantly in awe of the  strength shown on this forum in fighting this terrible disease.  Oh Vix, that mask looks horrific! I really understand your feelings of anxiety!   I think my coping mechanism would be to sing all my favourite songs in my mind - 20 back to back should almost do it!  We will all be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts. 
    Remember how amazing you are, you can do this. Jane xx
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Vix, I met a elderly lady at chemo the other week who said she had been on Abraxane now for 15 months !  I asked her how she copes and her reply was its just a day out from the retirement village love. I thought there are many thing I would like to be doing than attending the oncology unit week after week. I really look forward to having that week off, but it goes too quick! She did have a good head of hair which she said has grown back, but not shiney and healthy like it use to be. My blood test so far have been good and I haven't needed a blood trans fusion. My tumor markers last week came down from 98 in Dec.and are now sitting at 62. I do get very lethargic especially following chemo. My husband says I m like a bear with a sore head on the Wednesday. I think it's just frustration, not having the energy to do what you want to do. I have been on a few different treatments in the past 5yrs including Abraxane 5yrs ago. Well I done enough complaining and I guess we are lucky to have treatment to keep us alive. I have suffered from anxiety in the past and had to seek medical help when I was on holidays in Cairns a couple of years ago. I have a good C.D from the cancer counsel which really help when I feel the anxiety coming on.Well enough about me. Wishing you all the best and will be thinking of you. Wendy h 
    Share Member Posts: 217
    Options

Hi @Vix - hope all went as well as it possibly could for you today.

Sheryl xx 

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi Vix, omg! You poor darl- only so many happy places you can go to in that mask during an hour.I'm thinking more twilight sedation or maybe an audio book that you'd like to'read'? Shame you can't watch tv on the ceiling.Just seeing your mask made me feel anxious. Love n hugs from your pink sisters.
  • Vix
    Vix Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Found out CT results yesterday @ chemo. TM had been consistently dropping and were at 30. Last bloods showed TM up to 41 - CT report says some areas in remission, some have shrunk in size... but 2 new little spots left lung & a spot in L2. Waiting on latest TM from yesterday's bloodwork. Medical Oncologist said we will stick with Abraxane for the moment and she will monitor me closer than ever. Fingers crossed. Staying positive:
    Happy Wednesday, hope you all have a great day. Thanks for the amazing support - you are all awesome. Truly feel blessed x
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • lesleyb
    lesleyb Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Vic that seems like an awful long time to be in radiation tunnel.  I had a mask made as well for my head (my neck has the tumour) but it didn't bother me so much as it only took a few minutes.  Maybe it takes longer for the brain.  The thing I hate most is the MRI  head frame.  I feel so trapped in there for nearly an hour.  Nearly in tears yet I can comfortably wear the radiation mask.  Maybe its the duration we have them attached to us.  Too much time to lay there and just think about shitty things we don't want to think about.