Thankfulness

Alpal
Alpal Member Posts: 196
I just wanted to share my thankfulness with you and offer a word of encouragement.
Last week was my 2 years "remission" mark for which I am very thankful.  In that time I've had numerous surgeries, including breast reconstruction, chemo and am now on aromatase inhibitors for at least 5 years.

It's certainly a road with many ups and downs, joys and griefs, and a community where amazing friendships are formed.
After getting that clearance, I spent a lovely few days in the NSW Snowy Mountains with my darling hubby, and managed to walk to the summit of Mt Kosciuszko.  I felt so emotional at the top - reflecting on the gift of health and life.

It was also the achievement of a personal challenge - aromatase inhibitors cause me quite a bit of joint stiffness and pain, so I wasn't sure that I'd actually make it.  I made sure I took my BCNA cap with me as a tribute to all those who struggle with the daily challenges of bc.

I wanted to encourage those who are having a crappy time at the moment - it does pass, and you can continue on with wonderful things in life. They may be a bit different to things you did before, but life does that - it changes and shapes us and offers us new opportunities.

Lots of love,
Alison xx

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Woo hoo what an achievement you have found the better side of treatment! Enjoyed reading your story. 
    Take care from Christine xx 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Alison!!! That gave me goosebumps!! Love it!!! thank you for sharing, and you are right, after treatment there are wonderful things to be enjoyed in life. Melinda xo
  • KatyJoy
    KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
    Thanks Alison! Just what I needed to hear tonight, feeling a bit down and as if this will never be over, but you helped me see there will be fun times again after all this. Kate x
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Yay! Thats fantastic always good to hear of someone doing well. Thank you for sharing. Rita xo 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Good to hear the positives
  • kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Thanks for sharing Alison. Always good to hear there are good times and adventures after active treatment ends
  • Pammy46
    Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
    I have said since I was diagnosed there is always positives in the negatives onwards and up thank you for sharing what a wonderful achievement xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767

Alison, on both your 2 years and making the summit. Wonderful achievement. Xx 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Thank you for sharing your amazing achievement 
    Share Member Posts: 217
    Alison - great photo and congratulations on getting to the 2 year mark. Look to way beyond that.

May you celebrate many more milestones - well done :)