Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Bone pain management-what works?

Options
Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
My dad has metastatic bone cancer from prostate which seems to be similar to the beast cancer in treatment as he has the same chemo as I did when I had breast cancer. He is currently going up in dose rates through the Norspan morphine weekly patches and is about to change from 10mg to 15mg. He has just moved to my area and had his initial GP appointment who wasn't a fan of the Norspan and suggested perhaps Targin might be more effective? What are you ladies with bone cancer on for pain management?

Comments

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Brenda, I have multiply mets in bones, practically from head to toe, for the past 5 years . As far as pain goes I guess I have been lucky.  I mainly take Panodol regularly with the occasional Endone for break through pain.  I find it hard to sleep some nights as the cancer is in both hips and spine. So just finding a comfortable position is not always easy. I have purchased a good quality memory foam overlay for my bed which helps alot.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Ahh is that what it was on dads bed, memory foam? He's not too bad sleeping here as the bed has a pillow top mattress. Soon he will go and live in his new unit on his memory foam bed. You are doing well on your pain management. Kudo's to you. <3
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi Brenda. I have bone mets in my lower spine. I take both Targin & Lyrica to keep the back pain under control. It works well for me. 

Ang