Shock but believe I will be okay

Options
2»

Comments

• Monicasfootsteps
    Monicasfootsteps Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi again Sisters (and Brothers)
    Last Tuesday I had the left wide breast cancer excision and axillary dissection surgery. There wasnt much in the lymh drainage by Thursday so they pulled the drainage and I could return home before lunch, I was really surprised as surgeon said 3-5 days but I thank the positive energy sent my way and my fitness for that. Now waiting for the follow up results and the next treatment steps.

Two days before surgery I celebrated my 50th birthday with my close family, it was lovely day. It is odd how you think and plan birthday celebrations months ahead and think you have control over your life.

I am still feeling positive and have 'rediscovered' that life is about love and people, someone recently recited: "Love People, not things, use things not people'  it is so true

looking forward to slowly get back into yoga, light weights and running again in due course, but am enjoying slower walks in the meantime. I love walking too.  

Lots of LOVE to ALL of YOU, thinking of you, sending love your way
    Monica xxx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Sounds good, remember you still do have control, just a few other things to factor in!! Lovely quote, worth repeating often. Best wishes.
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Hi lm 4.5 years post diagnosis and it seems like yesterday l heard u have bc. I cannot believe where time goes and l honestly look back and think how did l do that? Well u do my advice is be honest with everyone there will be days when u want to be left alone and l think its important that people know that. I asked for food washing ironing that was such a help. I hope u do well. Adean xx