Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

NEARLY THAT TIME AGAIN!!

Options

Comments

• Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    @Klea .... thankyou :) for that information, I hope I stay as well & stable as you ....
  • Klea
    Klea Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Yes Jude it is scary. I am doing really well at the moment I work and look after my 11 year old as a single mum. I still do all the things I used to even ride my horse. ( That was a challenge after learning about bone mets). I try to excersize  daily and eat really well. I am not perfect at it all by any means but do try to help my body stay healthy. Im glad i could be reassuring as in the beginning I was a basket case and looked to others constantly. Stay well.Jude
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Klea do your tumor markers fluctuate at all???
  • Klea
    Options
    Hi Cate I get my tumour markers tested every two months . They have been steady in the normal range for nearly four years. For me they seem to tell a story and I hope they stay both stable and accurate. I have my bone scan tomorrow and yep I have scan xiety even though just last week al blood work was normal.Grrrrr this disease is hard on the mind. Hang in there are your markers helpful ? Cheers Kerri

• Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Thinking of you Klee and hoping scan went well. 
  • Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Meant to say Klea 
  • Klea
    Options
    Well scan results in and not what I wanted to hear. I have a new fracture in my vertebrae Its weird as the report in general says stable and nothing new. The fracture is in a known area. I do recall having a fall from a hammock over Xmas. I wonder if it may be damage from fall ? The scan doctor also mentions osteoporosis testing  mmmm I wonder any way more scaniexty for me as am off for MRI and CT . Bugger 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Klea Damn! could be from the fall. About 5 months after Chemo my Oncologist decided to do a bone density, I felt fine! Ummm came back with Osteoporosis in my neck and lower back. I am now on Prolia injections twice a year, and am slowly heading into muscle work which really helps. You're quite active so hoping scans come back aok!! xo Melinda
  • Klea
    Options
    Thanks Mel I am really hoping so. That dam hammock fingers crossed. Bit worried though as xgeva shots supposed to strengthen bones . Oh well have to do more modelling assignments         ( scans) to see. Thanks for the support.
  • melclarity
    Options
    Klea stupid thing is I felt absolutely fine, I sometimes wonder if they got it wrong with the Osteoporisis, admittedly I have pain constantly in my neck and lower back but I never worried of breakage. Uuugh let us know how it goes xo
  • Klea
    Options
    Will do Mel I suppose we only realize we have a problem with our bones when they break. I feel fine too I was extremely surprised at results thought I would sail in have a quick chat get told all stage see you next time. So know I get a double dose of scaniexty
  • Klea
    Options
    Well Mel its good news the fracture was due to the fall YIPEE!!!!!!!. No cancer progression and all still stable a big relief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. However I do seem to have signs of oesteoporosis which is a worry. I am on xygeva , calcium vit D and do weight bearing excersize. Not sure what I can do about it. I suppose its the price we pay on these cancer drugs ?

• melclarity
    Options
    @Klea WOOHOO!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! I think youre doing everything right! and yeah Cancer Drugs uuugh! as I said I have Osteoporosis in my neck and lower back..apparently LOL. I shouldnt laugh but OMG really? all from Chemo..so yes Vit D and C for absorption, and magnesium I take. I also have 2 Prolia injections a year! Im recovering from a Mastectomy/Diep flap recon at the moment so Ive forgotten about my bones for now LOL. Hope youre on the mend! Hugs xo Melinda 
  • lesleyb
    lesleyb Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi everyone.  So sorry to hear you all have so much scanxiety.  Goes with the territory doesn't it.  I am 2 and a half years out from dx of Stage 1V and have only had AI's and Xgeva so far even though I have had small progressions here and there.  The Xgeva is doing its job of replacing some old bone with good healthy bone.  My onc wants me to stay off chemo for as long as possible so that I can have good QOL.  However, after scans this week I am thinking it will be my time to start Xeloda when I see my onc on Monday.  Body pain is getting worse but it could just be the Aromasin that is causing it.  

Oh well, whatever will be will be.  Ce'st las vie
  • Cate64
    Options
    @lesleyb Xgeva is supposed to cause bone pain so it may well we that. Having said that I am currently on Xeloda, end of week one of 2nd cycle & so far - touch wood - have suffered no side effects to speak of. I have great QOL, I work full time & run 5km @ parkrun each week & even through some actual running events into the mix, especially if there is a medal to be had...

Good luck with your scan results.. Does your Onc test tumor markers?