Once more into the breach...

Options
jadziatoo
jadziatoo Member Posts: 38
Hi,
In September I found what I thought was a blocked duct in my breast and my GP referred me onto to have a mammogram and ultrasound. They found a mass so organised a core biopsy for the next day. The sample taken showed it was early stage invasive with P+ but there was not enough sample to tell if it was E+ or HER2-positive. So I had another biopsy done. Turns out it was P+ and HER2- positive. When I saw the breast surgeon he said because of the location and size of the tumour that they wanted to do chemo first. So I had my first round of chemo last Friday. Yesterday I felt really sick but I have a lovely husband who took care of me.
Unfortunately this is not my first fight with cancer as in 2005 I was diagnosed with a Chloroma which is a precursor to Acute Myeloid Leukeamia. So it's time to slay the monster once again. 

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Welcome to the forum jadziatoo.  I hope you slay this darn monster for good! :smile:
  • Ne
    Ne Member Posts: 336
    Options
    You hang in there chicky and we are all here to cheer you on and hold your hand.  You fight for all your might x
  • jadziatoo
    Options
    Hi Mira, Definitely going to slay it this time. Thanks for the lovely words, Ne. Some days we all need a cheer squad.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Jadziatoo, so sorry to hear you have started a second fight. But I think it's excellent that every time I see your name now I'm going to think there's Jadziatoo the Monster Slayer!!!! :) Awesome. Wishing you all the best. Xx Cath
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Welcome to the site hang in there, it can be tough x
  • Gerryb
    Gerryb Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Good morning Jadziatoo. sorry to hear about your second battle. You can do this!!! We are all here to listen and care for you from a distance xxx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    You beat it once, you can beat it again. You do what you gotta do. Cheering you on.
  • jadziatoo
    Options

socoda said:

Hi Jadziatoo, so sorry to hear you have started a second fight. But I think it's excellent that every time I see your name now I'm going to think there's Jadziatoo the Monster Slayer!!!! :) Awesome. Wishing you all the best. Xx Cath

Might get some business cards made up with my new title.
  • KezMac
    KezMac Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Jadziatoo, hope we can support you & be your cheer squad for that slaying. I have  to say that I try not to see it as a battle, but as a challenge to be overcome. Although victory is definitely the same outcome. Good luck & not sure if you have read any of Brandon Bays stuff, she was a great inspiration to me.