Recently diagnosed at 28 !

Options
2»

Comments

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    @ccasper mine was ER+, PR+ but HER2-. They caught mine quite early as I have a family history (unfortunately my mum died of BC at 35) so I just went in for a routine ultrasound 3 months after I finished breastfeeding my daughter. My tumour was only 11mm but I have one involved lymph node so am doing chemo to be safe. I'm actually a bit nervous about starting chemo and am paranoid that I will get an infection or something and will have to be admitted to hospital. How did you find the AC? Also, I noticed that you have a fairly healthy lifestyle - do you eat sauerkraut and drink kombucha and did you continue to do this while you were doing chemo?
  • ccasper
    ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
    Options
    @Ro10 I tolerated AC pretty well but did become neutropenic. So I had a few weeks off it. But otherwise just fatigue I generally pulled up well and have continued to exercise. Glad yours was caught early. I found mine after I stopped breastfeeding too but mine is a little bit larger than yours. I haven't had kombucha or sauerkraut. Mainly eating organic, having bone broth here and there, green smoothies, lots of veg and turmeric. I need to try kombucha. I saw my GP who is holistic to help me with my diet and I feel eating well is helping me respond better. I still have a good appetite too.
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    @ccasper I have recently been to a naturopath who has recommended a few diet changes for me and has recommended eating sauerkraut and drinking kombucha and bone broth for good gut health. She also recommended green smoothies, green juices, lots of veges, low gluten and sugar and she is prescribing some supplements too. I'm hoping I go ok with it, I'm young and healthy so that has to count for something! Good luck for your next round
  • ccasper
    ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
    Options
    Thank you! Good luck for yours @Ro10 speak soon x