so happy to have found you

Options
Kester
Kester Member Posts: 38
edited August 2016 in Social Groups

I only discovered this group yesterday.  I have been longing for other Christians to share with and here you are. I was diagnosed on 13 May so am now post surgery into chemo.  I have had 2 rounds AC. Not sitting too well as I have bad reactions to nearly every drug I have ever taken. Aside from that I would like to share how God has been in this from day 1. Last October due to a very traumatic event we sold our home and moved an hour east of where we were. As much as I hate to admit it our son drove us from our home with his abuse. He lived next door but we could no longer live with the stress he was putting us under. My husband has congestive heart failure and I was afraid for him.  We put our place on the market and within a week we had found exactly what we wanted,ours sold and the people took our first offer on this one. We had been doing a lot of praying and so had our church and friends. We love where God put us but that was just the beginning. I felt it was shades of Joseph, what you meant for harm God used for good. I developed a rather sore shoulder so went to my lovely little Indonesian Dr that I found  in our new town. Had a couple of bouts of Physio on it and went back to her. She was looking at my notes and said you are overdue for a mamogram. 1 month. I had forgotten to change my address with the bus. I came home and rang them and got in the following day even though I had to travel to the next town. I didn't get a letter back and commented to my husband that they were usually quicker getting back to you. Then I got the phone call. We need you to come to Hobart for further investigation.   My son took us down and we came away being told it looked like a breast cancer diagnosis.  My Dr gave me the news a few days later. Within a week I was at my surgeon and a fortnight later I had a lumpectomy and lymph node clearance. Two of the  lymph nodes had cancer but the margins in the breast were very good.  Things just moved so smoothly for me. Why do I think God was in it from day one. Firstly He put us in the right place for the right time. My husband would never have coped had we still been where we were. Secondly there is nothing wrong with my shoulder now,I believe He used that to get my Dr's attention. Thirdly,  the week I got my diagnosis  the big new oncology department opened in the local hospital  so we only had to travel 15 mins to treatment instead of several hours. I have found a new church and friends and they are all praying for us. But the biggest plus to come out of this is that my beloved sister has turned back to God and has been talking to Him every day on my behalf. It is all worth it just for that. I have been positive all the way through because I believe that God has been in control all the way. He is a great God and  He never promised sunshine and roses but he did say I will never leave you or forsake you. He did say I am with you always. One night I asked Him for a song and he gave me Just be Held by Casting Crowns. Look at it on youtube. It kept me up and I let go and was just held in his wonderful arms. My favourite  chapter in His word is Psalm 139. There is absolutely nothing He doesn't know about me and He still loved me enough to die for me. Best wishes to all on this group. He will see us all through, Kester , God bless xx

Comments

• Leila34
    Leila34 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2016
    Options

I loved reading your story Kester! Thank you so much for sharing. I am so happy to hear that your sister has renewed her faith, what a blessing for you both. I love that song you mentioned, I have it on my phone and listen to it regularly. will be praying that you continue to feel supported and upheld along this journey, and of course for a great outcome! I posted a bit of my own journey a few weeks back on this page if you would like to have a read. Leila xx

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited August 2016
    Options

HI Kester thanks for sharing your story in this journey and I would like to let you know we have just started a bible study once per month I post it .... it was posted a few days ago feel free to read and respond to it ... I will do one chapter each month of the study for us to share. 

Alice 

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited August 2016
    Options

Your story is a little similar to mine. I had just moved when I was diagnosed with bc. Like you, the place I got treatment was closer and the oncology dept was new. We are very fortunate.

I also renewed my relationship with my sister which without the bc we might have just gone on through life not really contacting apart from a happy birthday or a merry Christmas.

Being a Christian I discovered does not give us immunity from cancer. A more important discovery I made on this Christian forum is that cancer is not a curse because I wasn't a good enough Christian. It wasn't my own fault just as its not your fault you got bc either.

It is a very good opportunity to witness to others to get their mammograms done and a chance to share our relationship with God to others. God makes us strong I also discovered, strong in our minds, strong in our bodies as much as we can be and strong in our faith. How good is that? Pretty cool I reckon.

• Kester
    Kester Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2016
    Options

I agree wholeheartedly Brenda.  In our own strength we can do nothing.  I am so glad you have God on your side.  He makes all the difference.  My sister and I were not close for a long time but over the last ten years or so we have become incredibly close but she still really didn't bother with God.  I always shared my faith with her but it only since my diagnosis that she has come to know God again.  I hope you can build the same relationship as we have,  God bless, love Kester xx If anything it has made me bolder in speaking out of the way God has led through all of this