Looking for a group facilitator

Options
Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
edited July 2016 in Social Groups

Hi everyone. This group doesn't have a facilitator. Is anyone interested in taking on that role?

What does a group facilitator do?

I'm so glad you asked. A group facilitator welcomes new members to the group, helps facilitate conversations, and just makes sure the group is fulfilling its purpose of being a supportive and safe space for Christians who want to connect and talk about their faith and breast cancer experience.

Do we need a group facilitator?

Group facilitators are not required, but groups tend to fall by the wayside without them.

If you'd like to be a group facilitator, raise your hand, don't be shy!

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited July 2016
    Options

Good Afternoon Cosette_BCNA

How time consuming would it normally be? 

I would like to see the group become more active as it has never been very active since I got diagnosed. I think that by sharing our faith through the time of diagnose treatments and after is a great way to strengthen even our faith. I for one don't regularly attend a church but have strong faith in God and Jesus. I have been through bible college years ago. 

could this be a way of opening the discussion about the time needed etc. 

thanks 

Alice aka soldier crab

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Alice,

Thank you for asking about this. As Cosette has mentioned, there are a few things a group facilitator will need to do for the group. Right now you are correct in saying this particular group is not very active so that may mean checking in every few days. There is no set time and no expectation to be online all the time. It really is about providing greater peer-to-peer support. If you would like some more information I can give you a call or if you would like to give it a go, let me know. 

Ann-Marie :)

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited July 2016
    Options

hi Ann-Marie, 

please give me a call.... 

I will pm you my number

Alice