sharing our faith

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
edited July 2016 in Social Groups

HI Group,

I have accepted the role of Facilitator for this group.

So to get us more active in here I thought it might be nice if I put up a bible study once per month that we can reflect on and also discuss... I know I was very isolated while going through treatment etc and that is when we often need to reflect on God's Word even more than normal. 

What do the other members think about this?

It would be a Lovely series called "Landscapes of Prayer - Finding God in your world and life" by Margaret Silf, that I have previously studied prior to my BC with a group of women. I think it might be beneficial for us to share the positive side of our faith  not just this path we didn't really want to be on.... Please let me know if you like this idea....

Soldier Crab aka Alice 

Comments

• LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Alice, thank you for your post. Honestly I can feel your caring nature in your beautiful words.  I am a Catholic but really I think of myself as spiritual.  I pray and meditate daily. And I believe this has helped me handle or cope with this terrible news of bc. And it's also helped me through chemo and Radiothreapy.  

Last weekend I attended (with two beautiful friends) a live in workshop at Wilton Braham Kamaris centre.  Special time doing  mediation and workshop. Not really religion based but beautiful. 

I am  not sure if everyone on this BC site thinks the same as you do.  Hey we are all different! I guess if they are not interested in your suggestion, they can choose not to read your posts.  

I appreciate that you are prepared to take time to do this. 

• LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    edited July 2016
    Options

Sorry Alice.....I hit post before I had finished.  

Thank you.

Anne-Marie ??????

• KarenS66
    KarenS66 Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Alice, great idea - sounds positive and uplifting ??

• SoldierCrab
    edited July 2016
    Options

hi Anne-Marie, 

Margaret has been through several religions and is very balanced in her writings. 

I call myself Christian not attached to any particular church. I have attended both Pentecostal and Baptist churches previously.  I just know that for some it is a time of restrictions about being able to get to church or bible studies and thought members may like to have an online option. 

Like you said they can choose not to read the post each month or they might enjoy having some input to the study, we often relate well with others online while we are going through our treatments. 

thank you for your encouragement. 

Alice 

• SoldierCrab
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Karen, 

we need positive and uplifting as we traverse this disease and the many treatments that go hand in hand with it. I wish to keep it open to discussing the good the bad and the ugly of where we are in our journey through BC and how that impacts our relationship with God. 

thank you f or your encouragement.  <3

• Leila34
    Leila34 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Alice,

Sounds like a great idea :)

Leila x

• Andij
    Andij Member Posts: 115
    edited July 2016
    Options

Wonderful Idea:) Thank you

• Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for taking on the role of group facilitator here, Alice :-)

• SoldierCrab
    edited July 2016
    Options

hi Cosette, 

I am sure that I will enjoy the role and I am open to others being facilitators if they want to also be. 

• SoldierCrab
    edited July 2016
    Options

thank you for the encouragement Andij

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hello Alice good on you for taking on this role. I'm sure by your writings already you will be of great comfort to most. 

Take care from Christine xx 

• SoldierCrab
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you Christine it will be what we all bring to the study in essence.

I am just waiting of approval from the author for me to post each study online.

I think it will help us cement our faith and your Journey we didn't choose as we walk the path.  

Take Care 

Alice