Welcome to the Group Scoop

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
edited July 2016 in Social Groups

hi Scoop,

welcome to the group,

I am the facilitator for this group and I am happy to welcome into the group. Do you have a breast Care Nurse? what are things that you would like to discuss within the group? we have the ability to chat one on one if you wish. 

Soldier Crab aka Alice 

BCNA member Scoop has joined 'Christians diagnosed with breast cancer'.

The reason they gave for joining was: I'm a 34 year old wife and mother of two, with one on the way. Recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I've been a Christian for a long time and am keen to share with others who may be in a similar situation.. 

Comments

• Leila34
    Leila34 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Scoop, welcome to our group, I'm sorry that you are going through this horrible journey. I am also 34, recently diagnosed. I have 4 children, aged 7-15. 

I have found my faith very helpful in dealing with the emotional roller coaster of the last month. 

Pray that you will feel the peace and comfort of the Holy Spirit during these hard times. 

Leila x

• Scoop
    Scoop Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thanks Ladies.  I'm coping really well and I can only put this down to the hope that I have being a Christian.  Yes, it's tough at times but it can happen to anyone, and I'm just glad I can lean on His promises to get me through! 

Alice I have been to see a breast care nurse and she was lovely.  I've also seen a social worker and another lady who has breast cancer.  There is so much support out there which is great.  

I actually jumped onto this site to see if I could find other pregnant ladies with breast cancer as I'm finding I'm a little alone in that regard but I'm so glad I found this group too.  

• Leila34
    Leila34 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2016
    Options

I have joined a private group on FB for young women with Breast cancer that I have also found quite useful too. If you search 'Young women with Breast cancer' it has about 1479 members, so a broad range of people and experiences :)