What Cancer Cannot Do

Options
Leila34
Leila34 Member Posts: 71
edited July 2016 in Social Groups

Hi there, just thought I would tell you about a lovely little book I received a  from a BC survivor from my church. Its called 'What Cancer Cannot Do' by Phyllis Ten Elshof. Its a great read that combines uplifting Scriptures from the NIV, inspirational quotes, and encouraging stories from both male and female cancer survivors. If you haven't already seen it, I would encourage you to get a copy, I have already found it to be a great comfort :) I have already purchased another copy to give to a friend who is battling Lymphoma at the moment. Hope this may help someone out. Leila xx

Comments

• LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you Leila.

Anne-Marie ??

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for sharing Leila can you maybe share a quote and how you found it helpful as then others can relate to it also. 

Alice 

• Leila34
    Leila34 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2016
    Options

Chapters in the book are as follows:

Cancer is so limited:

It cannot cripple God's love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot shut out memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the spirit

I have found it encouraging as I think its easy to give cancer too much power. After my diagnosis it felt like I was defined by this, like it is who I have become. This little book, helped put things into perspective, yes this is a horrible valley in my life, yes i'm going to have down days, but is it the end of my story? No! I cherish God's promise in Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. Amen

• Scoop
    Scoop Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Options

Sounds good.  Thank you!

• Liana_anna
    Liana_anna Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2016
    Options

Amen!!! Gbu for sharing...Hugs, Liana xx