The Ultimate Journey for a Cure

Options
2»

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thank-you. It certainly had more challenges than we ever imagined when we first took it on.

In the end we got there because we knew that it was the only thing we could do to help our trek leader in her new challenge with cancer. Nothing we did was harder than what people go through dealing with cancer on a daily basis. Xox

• Deanne
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thank-you. Hug received and returned! 

xox

• Fiona_BCNA
    Fiona_BCNA Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2016
    Options

WOW what an amazing achievement and fantastic experience!
    Congratulations on reaching base-camp not at all an easy feat, something that is definitely on my bucket list.

Welcome home Deanne.

Warm Regards, Fiona

PS That photo is the mountain is incredible, kudos to whoever snapped that one.

• Deanne
    edited May 2016
    Options

My husband took that photo. We are hoping to get it put onto canvas as a constant reminder of what we managed to do. :-)

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited May 2016
    Options

Still such and amazing experience for you.

Paula xxx

• Keiley
    Keiley Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2016
    Options

Wonderful! I wish I could go now, right away! But, chemo and radio first. And maybe I should do Kosiosko first. I wonder if you've done that too? 

• Deanne
    edited May 2016
    Options

No, have never done Kosiosko. So you would be one up on us there! On a serious note the best training we did was Mt Coolum on the Sunshine Coast. This little bump has some pretty steep going and repeat climbs of it, in my opinion, were definitely helpful. The other thing was just walking for 5-7 hours at a time, up as many hills as you can find with a pack on.

A lot of our training was done in National Parks and walking in the bush was the best therapy for me recovering from chemo, radio and learning to live with hormone therapy side effects! Something about being in the natural environment, wherever you are, just does you good. :)

Hope that the rest of your treatment goes quickly and you are soon enjoying life again too! xox