Welcome

Options

Comments

• Louise139
    Louise139 Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    Options

Where are all the photos of you lovely ladies??

• Helen M
    Helen M Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

So pleased to hear about yuor noses, I was not game to mention the blood, have also gone to tissues. When I mentioned it to John Stewart he just said mmmmmm.I felt silly . Good to hear I am normal by our standards.

• Helen M
    edited March 2015
    Options

So pleased to hear about yuor noses, I was not game to mention the blood, have also gone to tissues. When I mentioned it to John Stewart he just said mmmmmm.I felt silly . Good to hear I am normal by our standards.

• Karen Hartcher
    Karen Hartcher Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello again,

Doctor said that what I am experiencing is all part of the treatment. She wasn't worried about it at all.

Hope you have all had a nice day.

Karen

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Karen, that's good news.

Louise

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All!

We seem to have gone quiet this week. I've been wondering if any of you are experiencing cording in the arm after axillary clearance? I've had it for a few months now and its a real nuisance. Mary worked on it some time ago and that gave me some relief at the time, and I thought it was all fixed. However, a couple of weeks ago, it started up in a slightly different location all the way down to my wrist and kept getting tighter and tighter. Have any of you had your withered lymph vessels snapped by Mary? Its an interesting sensation to say the least. Seems that just when you think things are improving or settling down, something else comes along.

We'd all love to hear how you're all getting along....

Louise

• Helen M
    edited March 2015
    Options

School holidays are here and that means grandchildren visiting. Very exciting especially as the weather has stayed sunny during the day.That makes life a lot easier for me, when the children stop to watch tv I am right there with them. I do not know how you girls with children manage to keep going.

thank goodness I have missed out on the cording returning. I had it for the first few months Mary worked her magic and relief. I am still having trouble with bone soreness it started when I first started on pactitaxel.Must be still working its way out of my system.

Pleased you liked tassie Louise it is one of my favourite places. I remember when they advertised that art gallery opening. Good that it has lived upto all the hype.

Life still keeps throwing up little surprises, keep smiling

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Karen,

Interesting about the cording. We'll have to swap notes next Saturday. My cording doesn't look as bad as some photos I've seen on the internet, but it's still painful and really restrictive, and gets worse if nothing is done about it. It took a while for Mary to  acknowledge that it was cording causing my arm problems and not just chest tightness. Does your physio 'snap' them? Mary did that with mine, but I've since read other advise that that could be unnecessarily severe on the lymph system. Hard to know what to do sometimes...   I was talking to Alex at Chemo on Friday, (because I've now got a lump on inside of my elbow that we think is caused from snapped lymph vessel). She brought the physio over from the hospital, who recommended some other physiotherapists to see it while Mary is OS. So it'll be interesting to see how they approach the treatment.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone who's going next Saturday.

See you then

Louise xx

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Diann - great photo! You're doing well loading it up if you have a new computer. Usually takes a while to tame them..

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Louise

• Karen Hartcher
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All,

Great photo Diann, I wish I could take a good photo like that. Can't wait to catch up again.

Louise...I will be very interested in what you find out about the cording and snapping process. The lady I am seeing at the moment told me that it is good for you !!  you have to trust them don't you.  

• Sharon Skinner
    Sharon Skinner Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

I had reasonably bad cording in the begining that pulled from my drain scar right down to my wrist, after a few visits with Kristin this progresively got better and now have  minimal cording, you have to keep up the exercises every day for pretty much the rest of your life.

My last day of chemo tomorrow, and then just waiting radiation. I can't wait to be able to taste what I'm eating.

Hope to catch up with everyone on Saturday at the Forum.

• Sharon Skinner
    Sharon Skinner Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

I had reasonably bad cording in the begining that pulled from my drain scar right down to my wrist, after a few visits with Kristin this progresively got better and now have  minimal cording, you have to keep up the exercises every day for pretty much the rest of your life.

My last day of chemo tomorrow, and then just waiting radiation. I can't wait to be able to taste what I'm eating.

Hope to catch up with everyone on Saturday at the Forum.

• Karen Hartcher
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello All,

Firstly...CONGRATULATIONS Sharon on finishing Chemo : )

One lot of treatment down...one to go !

I was just thinking today that I don't remember getting anything back telling me that my registration went through and I was all good to go. So, I am just going to turn up.

Looking forward to it....I am told it is a good day.

Hope everyone is staying well, considering how freaking cold it has been...man how bloody cold is it !!

• Susan1
    Susan1 Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

Helo everyone,  Doesnt look like many have been here lately, but if your there HELLO !!!

Hope everyone is coping ok and keeping warm, I cannot believe how cold it is.

I had to take my daughter to an Eistedford up at Cessnock today, OMG was it cold I am still thawing out...........

Am off to bed to get warm and will see if anyone is on tomorrow night ....

take care  Sue :-)

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Susan - great to see your lovely photo (hint hint to others with the standard pink hair-do).

It's certainly been cold again - had to happen I think.

I finished the chemo part of my treatment last week, but now 'look forward' to 9 months of Herceptin every 3 weeks. At least I escaped radiation I suppose.

Been trying to get out on daily walks, and when the sun shines I get out into the garden. Any exertion really knocks the stuffing out of me though. I feel like a little old lady sometimes, especially if I have to walk UP hill (read very slight incline). So far the walks are very flat.

Hope everyone is fine and really look forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.

Louise xx