Welcome

Options

Comments

• Helen M
    Helen M Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Karen, Finding my way to a web site has been the chellenge for this month, a photo could take a liitle longer.

Is there something I have to click to show up as part of the group?

Helen

• Louise139
    Louise139 Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Helen, great you found us at last!! The photo shouldn't be too hard. Go to your Profile, then 'edit profile'. Click where it says to add a photo. Now I can't remember their exact wording, but there should be something to click on that says "browse". Click on that and  from there you can see the folders on your computer. Go to where you save your photos, find one of yourself. Click on it and then click on 'open' or 'add' and it should upload your photo to your profile. Hope I've remembered it okay.

• Helen M
    edited March 2015
    Options

I had my last chemo on tuesday but am continuing with herceptin. I loved the week my chemo day changed and I visited on the thursday it was like catching up with friends. Still working on the photo, that is finding one I like, not my strong point.

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm getting Herceptin as well - wondered who else was...Anyone else continuing on with Herceptin?

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Karen. I guess there is no 'going back to normal' after something like this. That would be too easy!! I don't know if I'll feel lonely when I finish, but I have enjoyed the support of the others in our group. I think like some of you commented at our last meeting at the Breast Centre, I wasn't really into 'group things' like this, but I was surprised at how I looked forward to the meetings, and was dissapointed when I wasn't well enough to come.

Maybe when one of us feels like it, we can suggest something to do together, like a walk around the top of the lake, or along the beaches... So if you're feeling lonely you could suggest something like that or  having a coffee somewhere.

Hopefully this blog will be good from that point of view too. I like the way I get an e-mail when someone posts a comment. I thought I'd have to check the website all the time.

I think it will take time and patience to move through the next period, and find a new place in the scheme of things. Its not easy thats for sure.

• Karen Hartcher
    Karen Hartcher Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Louise,

I think and hope that there will be a few of us that stay in touch. I dont care if it is a walk in the park or a coffee and cake, as long as we get to catch up.

Helen, glad to gear  you have finished chemo.

I am not having Herceptin. When I finish chemo I will have a couple of weeks off and then start 5 weeks of radiation. After that I will be on Tamoxifen tablets for 5 to 10 years. Like you I struggle to find a photo of myself that I would share...he he he he....I never like photos of me !!

• diannm
    diannm Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Everyone, I am now back from my trip to the Kimberley. It took a few attempts to get home from Broome but finally the planes started flying again.  I had a fabulous four weeks, and we managed to see all the things that we were aiming for. It was lovely and warm there and a bit of a shock to the system when I arrived home to the cold.  Look forward to catching up next month. I also haven't been able to add a photo just yet.

• diannm
    diannm Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Everyone, I am now back from my trip to the Kimberley. It took a few attempts to get home from Broome but finally the planes started flying again.  I had a fabulous four weeks, and we managed to see all the things that we were aiming for. It was lovely and warm there and a bit of a shock to the system when I arrived home to the cold.  Look forward to catching up next month. I also haven't been able to add a photo just yet.

• Karen Hartcher
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome Home : )

It sounds like your trip was great..up there is the nice warm weather while we have been here freezing...booo hooooo...ok I will get my sookie la la pants off now.  No, glad to hear you had a wonderful trip matey...where to next ?

I am TRYING to organise something, but just not sure where I want to go. Hubbie has just started a new job, so he cant get holidays for a while. Might have to go without him, that would be a bugger wouldn't it...he he he he : )

I can see me and the kids laying back in Bali or somewhere while he is back here working his little butt off putting money in the bank for us to spend..mmmmmmm...sounds good doesn't it !

I do have a weekend in Sydney planned for August with a girlfriend. We are going to see Mary Poppins...really looking forward to that.

Looking forward to our next lunch, the first one went great. A few of us stayed around until 4pm....it was lovely just sitting there talking and laughing.

See you on the 23rd : )

• Helen M
    edited March 2015
    Options

So pleased to hear you liked the Kimberleys,Diann.We went there two years ago and really enjoyed every bit of it. We needed another holiday after it just to catch our breath.

Sounds like you are thinking about lots of holidays Karen.Where did you get all the energy from.I think that would be nice to go there or do that but am just happy to stay home and catch up on things. I would really love to get back to playing golf.I only just started to play when I retired, love the walk around the  course it is a shame about the score, but maybe now I can claim a disability handicap.

It is good to be able to talk to ladies,girls in the same special club who have similar experiences worries and uncertainities.Has anyone had trouble with a runny nose and dry cough, I have had one for about 3 months,It drives me crazy well crazier than normal.

• Karen Hartcher
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Helen,

I have felt like I have been coming down with a cold for about a month now. It hasn't really gone anywhere, but I have to blow the old nose a lot more then I usually do and there is more blood than anything else. Not sure what is going on there...I will be talking to my doctor this week about it.

And, with the holiday thing.....I am planning lots, but doing it is another thing : ) 

I reckon my middle name should be "gunna" he he he he he he

• Karen Hartcher
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Helen,

I have felt like I have been coming down with a cold for about a month now. It hasn't really gone anywhere, but I have to blow the old nose a lot more then I usually do and there is more blood than anything else. Not sure what is going on there...I will be talking to my doctor this week about it.

And, with the holiday thing.....I am planning lots, but doing it is another thing : ) 

I reckon my middle name should be "gunna" he he he he he he

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Girls,

Sounds like some of us are tripping around all over the place. Just had a weekend in Tassie with my husband, brother and his partner. I haven't spent a lot of time with bro during the first half of my life. He's 10 years older, and his first wife wasn't very family friendly. They broke up about 4-5 years ago, and I'm closer to each of them now, than I was when they were married!! Try figuring that one out!

Any hoo Tassie wasn't too cold and not wet ( a blessing). Main reason for going was to see the new Mona (Museum of Old and New Art) art gallery in North hobart on the river. If you don't know about it, it is a privately funded gallery and cost $175 million and contains the private collection of its philanthropist  owner David Walsh. Fantastic exhibition, and free (they don't even ask for a contribution)  - I highly recomend it if you're down that way. Be warned though, there is a lot of confronting and explicit material, and give yourself plenty of time if you want to soak it up and reflect.

I've had 'the cough' since AC treatment, and was told it would probably eventually go away. Nothing seems to be certain or known when I ask questions. And yes, I've changed from hankies to tissues because when I blow my nose its mainly blood. I figured it was still the mucous membranes thinned out from the treatment. apparently the cells in those areas grow 3 times faster so they get knocked around by the drugs.

My neutrophils were down a bit last week, so had to go home with the injection to use the following day. I was disappointed, and no one seemed to be a ble to tell me if this was going to continue to get worse, or could just go up and down. The nurses are very helpful, but sometimes I find it hard to get the answers I'm looking for. Has anyone else had to miss treatments for this reason, or use the injection again?

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Where are all the photos of you lovely ladies??

• Louise139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Where are all the photos of you lovely ladies??