Praying through cancer

Options
Tracey62
Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
edited February 2016 in Social Groups

Hello to everyone in this group. I want to share with you a great little book I have been reading called Praying Through Cancer. Its made up of short notes, each written by a woman as she confronts cancer in her life. I really like the way each woman is honest about her feelings and doesn't try to hide from the enormous shock that is cancer. Its been a real encouragement to me, I hope it encourages you too. Here's one of the notes:

A Warm Covering by Sue Stalzer, home maker and teacher

The radiologist called my husband into the room so we could talk. Though it was a hot day, I felt cold lying on the examining table. As the conversation proceeded, my thoughts were racing. Are we talking about the possibility of cancer? How can this be? I lay there in silence and thought of my husband and our three children.

In that moment the voices in the room seemed muffled; no longer was I listening to the conversation. I sensed that I was being covered with a warm blanket. It started at my feet and slowly moved up to my shoulders. I strongly felt the warmth and heard a still, small voice saying to me "I love you, I will never leave you or forsake you....you are mine".

For many years I had known of the peace of God which is far more wonderful than we can understand, but on that day I experienced that peace as a warm covering and a quiet reassuring voice, a peace that would carry me through my cancer journey.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thanks Tracey, I needed reminding I am not forsaken. <3

• amclarke
    amclarke Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    Options

That's beautiful Tracey. I know my faith got me through those times when I clinged to my husband and cried cause I could not understand why I was having such an extreme reaction to the radiation. May God continue to be our support and strength as we all recover from our experiences with cancer.

• Tracey62
    edited February 2016
    Options

Grace and peace to you Brenda ??

• Tracey62
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi AM, I guess there will never be a "why" for what we have all been through. But glad you have been carried, and held, and are on the road to recovery. God bless ??

• amclarke
    amclarke Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thank you Tracey. Yes by the grace of God I have come through. My faith has kept me strong even at my lowest. This month makes one year!  God bless you also.