Any current members in this group?

Options
Tracey62
Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
edited February 2016 in Social Groups

Would love to hear from anyone who is currently in this group ??

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited February 2016
    Options

I didn't know there was a Christian group. I'm in.

• skitzy
    skitzy Member Posts: 180
    edited February 2016
    Options

I didn't know about this group, I have just joined.

• melp27
    melp27 Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options

Im in this group. Seems not to be many active here.

• Tracey62
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Brenda, I've been praying for you since you started posting. Hope your day in pj's soothed your soul, we all need a day off sometimes. You've motivated me to start walking my dog again, he sends a big thank you. Please let me know if there is anything in particular you want prayer for, God bless, Tracey??

• Tracey62
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Eileen, I was praying for you on the day of your surgery and again as you went for results. I'm sorry the news isn't what you had hoped. I'm praying strength for each new day, especially for your meeting with the Onc and as you go in for the next surgery. You're not alone, God bless, Tracey??

• Tracey62
    edited February 2016
    Options

Ah MELP, where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name....

havent met you before but so glad to hear from you. If you have any prayer needs please let me know. I've found that faith has carried me through this awful time. Have also learned that it's ok for me to be weak, because Gods strength  is always enough for whatever the day holds. Keep in touch, God bless, Tracey ??

• Tracey62
    edited February 2016
    Options

Woops, so sorry, I've been following you and Trace & got your posts mixed up today. Glad you are feeling better again today. Just think, you are halfway through chemo. Yay!!

• skitzy
    skitzy Member Posts: 180
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thank you Tracey

I have not been on line much today, Had flu like symptoms coughing & vomiting last 24 hours, feeling a bit better now. I think God is getting me ready for what lies ahead. The power of prayer is amazing I have really felt it since my diagnosis. I have been put on a few prayer chains & pray daily for all people that are suffering.

Eileen 

xx

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Tracey62  I havent been into BCNA online for a while I am here survivor  diagnosed back in sept 2012.  over 12mths of surgery treatments and I have come out the other side. 

• Andij
    Andij Member Posts: 115
    edited May 2016
    Options

Just found this group:) Awesome. Although doesn't seem to be very active though??

• SoldierCrab
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Andij, 

How are you going ? 

I am online just now. 

diagnosed back in Sept 2012 had double mastectomy and 9mths of chemo and then 6wks radiation. 

How are coping with this choice we don't make? 

alice aka Soldier Crab

• Andij
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Alice

I was diagnosed in May last year, so pretty fresh out. Lumpectomy and full axillary clearance (4 lymph nodes with cancer), 5 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation and now on arimadex. Not a fun journey to be sure.

Coming up for my first follow up scans etc. Bit of a scary time. 

How are you coping these days?

Andrea

• SoldierCrab
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi Andrea, 

Follow up scans etc are always scary it doesn't change. I am coping better than I was last year, I was very low for a a time. I see a Psychologist and she is helping me to see that it is horrific our treatments and its ok to be angry, sad and tired by it all. 

I have a strong faith and believe that God has a purpose in this I have just inquired and made plans to return to Uni next year. trying to look ahead and not think about the what ifs of Cancer. He has our backs and we can rest in Him in all this journey brings our way. 

I have learnt to take someone with me to follow up appointments as the waiting is the worse... I went to the BCNA forum in Orange this year and the psychologist said "just because we think something doesn't make it true" that really resonated with me.  Let me know how you get on with follow ups. 

I pray for peace of God that passes all understanding to give you peace as you go about the follow up appointments etc. 

Alice aka Soldier Crab

• Andij
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thank you so much Alice for your beautiful reply:) 

I must admit, I am struggling at the moment, physically and spiritually. I was going to go back to uni and finish my Bachelor of counselling degree but chemo fog is just too present at the moment and I just don't want the stress the study will bring. So part of my problem is just not knowing what to do with my life. I have made it a matter of earnest prayer - just no answers as yet.

• SoldierCrab
    edited May 2016
    Options

hi Andij, 

I want to share with you some reassurance, that when the timing is right you will go and finish your Uni. How do I know I am in the process of going back to Uni begin 2017 to finish my bach of Psychology. It has taken me approximately 3 years to come out of chemo fog. I still suffer with depression from the journey of BC and I can assure you will know when you are ready. I have opted for Distance Uni that way I can tailor it to my life.

I learnt that we need to heal emotionally and mentally from the invasion of all the treatments be gentle on yourself relax and let the healing take place. In His Time he makes all things wonderful in HIS time. so rest in HIM and you will know when it is time.