donnafischer Dragonfly Posts: 144
    edited January 2016
    Options

THanks guys :)

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

Adean that totally sucks, i'm so sorry for your current diagnosis. And i will take seriously your comment about not being superwoman, as I do tend to push through things. My BC Nurse suggested i take three weeks off after my lumpetomy and I thought nah... i got this. The clinic nurse said a week of recovery. Maybe i'll work between the two :)  All the best to you 

Donna

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

HI Ruth, thank you for the warm welcome. I'm sorry you had to have the double mastectomy path. Can I ask what is tamoxifen?

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes. I think I'll stick around this group as you all seem so lovely and its nice to be talking to people "close to home" I'm in the Fraser Coast.

It's taken two weeks, but i'm starting to read the Information Guide handbook. I've been putting a few things off. That post surgery bra, while lovely and comfortable, but its acknowledgement of whats happening and i think i need to order another one. So another thing I'm putting off doing. best i get my butt into gear hey.

Thanks again ladies, you've immediately made this a little less scary

Donna.

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Donna,

Can you tell which parts are the hardest to navigate? and what would make it easier?

~Ann-Marie

• Ruth Bird
    Ruth Bird Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2016
    Options

Tamoxifen is a once daily tablet that blocks oestrogen, and is recommended for premenopausal women whose cancer tested hormone receptor positive - that gets tested when you have your lumpectomy. Is taken for at least 5 yrs and makes you menopausal. And it's freaking hot at the moment (also in SE Qld) so not keen.

Actually glad my boobs are gone - they were too big. Now got nice little bumps, like Sam Stosur, but without her amazing arms.

Cheerio! :)

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2016
    Options

Frazer coast? I am Frazer coast! Burrum Heads actually and there are at least 7 of us up here who have had or are still going thru treatment in Hervey Bay. You aren't alone.

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

LOL glad you find the silver lining. What a shame I havent finally transitioned to menopause.  SOOOOO close lol

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Ann-Marie, to be honest I joined this network over a week ago, and its taken me ages to work out how to find a group, how to post to a group. I used to be part of a forum years ago (before the land of facebook and there was always a front home page that listed all the current topics. That would have been awesome. Because I'm new to cancer, I didnt really know what group would suit me. I find it just generally complicated. I couldnt even find out how to get to a "here's how to navigate this site" Given I was a bit shell shocked with this news, I have to say my brain has been a bit fogged (plus they took my damned naturaly menopause support tablets away and I'm in a big ol fog) So if there was a big obvious "New Members Click start here" button that was huge and obvious, I may have found it easier to get started. Now here's a big bouquet, this particular group is awesome I think :)

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hey Brenda... I'm from the bay!! Looks like we have enough for our own club. That sucks hey LOL

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

:)

• Brenda5
    edited January 2016
    Options

It is nice to know though that getting breast cancer isn't something that we've done wrong. It doesn't seem to single out anyone and picks any one of us. I felt so guilty in the beginning thinking it must have been because I had my kids late or I breast fed or something I did bad.

• donnafischer
    edited January 2016
    Options

Brenda, luckily I havent gone down that path. If I've learnt anything from the past 4 years of being involved in pink events, its that this doesnt care who you are or what you've done, its just the luck of the draw.

• Brenda5
    edited January 2016
    Options

Does he bulk bill? I need a new gp with office staff that will actually DO their jobs.

• Rubychloe
    Rubychloe Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2016
    Options

I found this sight veryhard also i am not that savy with the computer or ipad lol. Does anybody no of support groups in the eastern suburbs Melbourne ??