Wednesday Workouts!

Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you all that today marks the start of our BCNA staff 6 week workout Wednesday sessions.

After work I will be taking the team through a 1hr workout, that will include circuit style activities ( cardio, strength, boxing & stretching). Everyone is very excited. A music playlist is being created and I just hope the rain stays away.

What types of activities are you currently doing to keep active?

~Ann-Marie x

Comments

• Yvette66
    Yvette66 Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2016

Hi Ann-Marie:   That work out sounds right up my alley.  I have been into the home DVD based workouts for years.  I have done Insanity, Asylum, P90X and Chalean Extreme.  I am currently spending more time on the cardio machines: stationary bike, treadmill and cardio wave than my usual HIIT.  I also do some resistance intervals with the curl bar, weighted bar and medicine ball; all compound moves with a cardio component as well.  I've had to cut back on the HIIT during chemo.  Getting my heart rate up so high was really taking it out of me and making me light headed so now I only do about ten minutes of it a few times per week.  I am lucky enough to have a home gym with all the weights and cardio equipment that allows me to work out when I feel my best.  I hope you and the BCNA staff enjoy your workout!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited January 2016

Sounds like a positive move for at home exercisers. Well done, looking forward to seeing how it all goes.

Best regards,

Trace ??????????

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
    edited January 2016

Look at you go :) ... It's great that you are listening to your body but still doing what you love. You are very lucky to  have a setup at home, that sounds perfect.

We had session number 2 yesterday and had to stay inside. I planned a different workout for the ladies with some more focus on core training and guess what it worked :) they are all feeling it this morning.

• Yvette66
    Yvette66 Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2016

It's always good to have a sore core!  

Yes, it is nice to have the home gym as I really cannot stand to workout with anything on my head (even when I had hair I hated hats).  

• Ironlady
    Ironlady Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2016

That's great Ann-Marie, good on you. 

I'm finding being on an A.I that exercise has been a blessing. Aches and stiffness has gone, and I'm not rolling out of bed feeling like an old woman. 

This Active and Well programme is great for educating us all and getting us moving.  Thanks.

Megan