Options
2»

Comments

• fiona.hyde3@bigpond.com
    fiona.hyde3@bigpond.com Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thanks Marlee

I have had the surgery and told everything is clear but what lies ahead is still daunting and the waiting is what is the hardest. Fiona

• LisaS
    LisaS Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2015
    Options

Yes. Telling people is the hardest. I wish people would gossip more so I didn't have to tell everyone myself and comfort them! I've got the spiel down pat and quickly change the subject if I can.

things I've learnt:

i post to a blog so that I didn't have to constantly talk about it with everyone. Otherwise I get 10 texts asking me how I am going. I post all the boring details to it as no one takes it in when you tell them. People can read my blog or not. But they know it is there.

depends which chemo you are on. AC gave me morning sickness but I never vomited. I worked through my pregnancies and chemo was no worse than that. Had a few tired days but most days I was walking 1 hour a day.

Paclitaxel is much much easier. Nothing to worry about.

of course people react differently to chemo but I'm hoping you react even better than me. I feel like I'm faking it half the time. I still go out, exercise. Just I'm bald ;-) 

• fiona.hyde3@bigpond.com
    fiona.hyde3@bigpond.com Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thanks Lisa for this really appreciate it  yes as soon as I have a start date I am sure I be more comfortable and accepting.  Bald is not a bad thing and I am going to go tomorrow and have my hair cut really short to get used to that side effect.  Fiona