So tired..

Options
lisboy
lisboy Member Posts: 91
edited July 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone

I am now two weeks post my last lot of chemo- 4 sessions of AC followed by weekly taxol. I cannot believe how tired I am. I feel worse fatigue wise than I did in the middle if it. I usually walk 4 to 5 km a day, but this morning could not face it. My legs ache, my bones ache and I feel like I have aged dramatically. I am having a mastectomy in a few weeks and then will probably have rads to follow. It all seems so hard now that I feel so exhausted. I am hoping that this gets better gradually. Right now I can't imagine feeling energetic again, it seems so far removed from how I feel now...

Did anyone else feel this bad at the end of chemo? Hope everyone else is doing well..

Lisa

Comments

• Pink66
    Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Lisa..  I hear you..  It is OK and very normal..  It will pass, I promise.  You may need to send your 4-5km walk on holiday for just a little while and perhaps do shorter walks until you feel the energy returning..  and in the meantime, it is OK to have a no walk day..  Chemo certainly can knock our socks off !!!!  Rads can also make you tired so it may be shorter strolls for just a while longer..

sending HUGE turtle hugs your way.. and good luck with the Op.

cheers, Sharon xoxoxox

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Lisa, I'm also a 5km walker, but found that the last 2 rounds of docetaxel had different side effects, not straight away, but about 4 days later with muscle and joint pain, hives and would you believe it, peeling eyelids. Talked to my oncologist, who now has me on antihistamines, cortisone cream, and stronger pain relief for the muscle and joint pain. I seemed to manage better this last time, as I was prepared for what will happen. It still slowed me down for about 3 days, and then I got back onto the walking track. Don't give up, just give the side effects respect, and then get back on track. Frustrating, I hear you girl. Hang in there, Tracey B ??

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Lisa

What you are experiencing is perfectly normal. It is a cumulative affect and unfortunately the radio will possibly make it worse. I finished chemo in Oct 2014 and radiotherapy at the end of Dec 2014 and still have times that I fall in a heap if I overdo things. I have learnt to pace myself and monitor my energy levels and that helps rather than trying to do everything all at once when I feel good. Listen to your body and take care. Karen xox

• lisboy
    lisboy Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks everyone for your posts. It is reassuring to hear that this is not unusual. I will pace myself more and try not to over do it. I guess it is a day by day proposition.

Lisa xx