Very dark place at the moment

Options
2»

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi it is tough at the beginning and the end. Today I have attended my last counselling session I found this really helped me to voice the crap that runs around in my head. Talking to someone who isn't a friend or family has helped lift the burden. I now keep a journal and this helps me more than I thought it would and this site has helped as well, we all have felt like crap at some stage and we all understand. Look after yourself and be kind to yourself and your husband sending you a hugxxx

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited May 2015
    Options

Sue, you aren't burdening us, well certainly not me! It lightens the load to know it's not just you and your family not coping. It really is such a shite experience on just some many levels with such long ranging effects. And everyone deals with things in their own way and in their own time. Sometimes I think it is harder for those around us. Hug your man tight. He sounds like a keeper! Take care xox

• nicole h
    nicole h Member Posts: 120
    edited May 2015
    Options

It really is comforting to read your posts and discover that we are not the only husband and wife battling to get along.   Also that friends & family are not the support you expected. I imagine it's still better than going through it alone. Although sometimes I wonder.  Maybe a sea-change would work at least that would be one less thing for me to deal with,  getting over the hurt & trying to forgive and forget the people who have let me down In my hour of need.  

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Sue,
    It sounds like you've been through a really tough time and the online network is definitely the place to 'air and share' and from all the women who have jumped in - it is also a great way to make connections with others who know what you are going through.

Should you ever need some additional support,  there are some great services including Beyond Blue http://www.beyondblue.org.au/ and Relationships Australia may also offer support to not only you but your family as well http://www.relationships.org.au/

You also might find the 'Emotional wellbeing' section on our website helpful with some links off to other supportive resources, such as the anxiety,depression and breast cancer factsheet.

Sending a huge cyber hug :-)
    ~Jess

• Sue Townsend
    Sue Townsend Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thank you so much Karen and Nicole,  you're right, its harder when you pick at each other when we should be holding together.  But you're right Karen, he is a keeper.  I love him to pieces, and he's a good man, but like he says, I might have broad shoulders and look like I can take anything, but inside he hurts like everyone else.  The sea change has been good for us Nicole as its meant we have only each other.  Very disappointed in my kids though.  They so nearly lost their mum, yet didn't see a lot of value in her.  I hope and pray one day they will.  I still love them even though. I feel if I harbour resentment, its not helping anyone.  We went away for a nice weekend, a draw close do something nice, and I ended up in bed the whole 4 days with food poisoning or something.  So that hit that on the head lol.  Have to have another go at that one.  Gotta laugh.  But thank you both so much for your support, and I hope that you have someone in your time of need too.  I have felt a huge load lifted off my shoulders just talking with others like this, who say its normal, don't be so hard on yourself.  It really helps.  Ive always expected a lot of myself.  Never shown anyone that I need them, until now.  Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart xxxx  I wish I could hug you all xxx

• Sue Townsend
    Sue Townsend Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thankyou so much for that Jess.  I will look into those things now.  Its knowing where to find and where to start with these difficulties.  Thank you so much, Sue