Living not just surviving

Options
Deanne
Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
edited March 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Why will I be on my way to Base Camp on Mt Everest in 4 weeks time?Check out the journal article 'Climbing a mountain to beat breast cancer' at

aboveandbeyondcancer.org

The videos under the Be Inspired section are amazing and very inspiring.

It says it all!

??Deanne xxx

Comments

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

The website is amazing.  I have just watched the Be Inspired videos, and to think that you will be there in a month's time, with the mountains and the prayer flags and the sherpas - what an experience for you both.  The stars at night were incredible.  And as Brian said, it's not about the finish line, it's about the journey. Looking at the walking tracks, your training will really pay off for you - and those tents at night will look like a 5 star hotel! Remember everything, Deanne - we will want to hear all about it.  Such an experience, for such a great cause. xxx Michelle

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options

Aren't the videos just amazing? Hearing all the Cancer survivors talking about their experiences helped me to realise why I have got so much out of taking on the trek. It is so true that we only grow when we are challenged and that is the silver lining of having Cancer for me. I now know that I can do really hard things, step by step. I will just keep focussing on that next step and see how far I get! :) Deanne xxx