Another Biopsy

Options
Spiv1803
Spiv1803 Member Posts: 126
So... breast surgeon's office called today with MRI results. A small area on OTHER breast lit up so I'm off to get a core biopsy next week. She was hesitant in ordering one in the first place as they tend to yield false positive / negative results but since they saw something small, best to get a biopsy anyway.
ive started my chemo, had my lumpectomy, had clear nodes and margins and now this....hard to stay cheery in this mud hole. 

I've got an appointment with her next week as she said I will need a mastectomy in the left breast, which I was leaning towards anyway.

Wish these goalposts would stay in the same place.

need positive stories please xx

Comments

• HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Options
    That really sucks, but at least it is small area and your surgeon is on it.   I hope the week goes quickly for you.  I am coming up to my 4 yr check up.  Had pretty large lump, in nodes and bloodstream HER2+, the way my oncologist would jump onto any probs I might of had through chemo (headache! brain scan next day) I felt  he wasn't too confident either.  (might of been me) If he said to me "fast growing, aggressive"once more I was considering snotting him one.  But I have ended up being confident in him, liking him and still cancer free.  (and I hope I can still say that next month).
  • Spiv1803
    Spiv1803 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Yep hoping for good news for you next check for sure!!!!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh how annoying and stressful...and oh to wait on results yet again. Sigh. I hope it turns out to be nothing. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you.  I had to have core biopsies as they missed with the  first one and it came back as "normal breast tissue" .  When I went for the second one the doctor  that morning had a good sense of humour and said, "Well, it's kind of like shooting for a grain of sand in a bowl of jelly"  At least he made me laugh.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    OOps, That should have said "two core biopsies"
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi Spiv803.  That is just sucky.  So tough to deal with.  I hope it comes back clear for you.  All the best 
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    That sucks, hopefully it turns out to be nothing. Good luck.