Low immunity & hypersensitive to medication.

Options
Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
Saw my phych nurse today and told her I had to go off the Escitalopram for anxiety and depression due to diarrhoea and nausea and my lymph nodes going crazy. I gave her my blood test results which are great except for lymph levels high and the results for the ultrasound of breast and lump under arm which is too small to worry about at this time. She said I seem very hypersensitive to drugs now. I said I cant even take the 100mg low dose aspro for my vein block behind my eye as it makes me bleed from just a bug bite and I have to cut the tiny tab in half and take the 50mg sliver. We've decided to stay off phych medication wait and see what the disability claim comes back with for my chemo brain. She said she will fully support any reports for that when they eventually get back to me. My GP doesn't want me sitting in his waiting room unless I need some medications as my immunity is still low over a year after chemo. Good news is hopefully with the hypersensitivity its really letting the Tamoxifen work its magic.

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Brenda5, that doesn't sound good at all. You would hope one year out from chemo you would be recovered. I talked to one lady in waiting room while waiting for chemo and she was telling me she has developed an allergy to seafood she never had before chemo. It's just all so scary. I hope you're successful with the dsp claim. Centrelink can be such arseholes to deal with.
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
    @Brenda5 looks like you are travelling along and then another roadblock. It is amazing how you are navigating this difficult pathway. The trouble with after effects of cancer well you just cant see them. That doesnt mean they are not there.  I think recovery does not have a time frame. 
    As to anxiety and depression how much do the chemo /radiation contribute. We have all taken powerful drugs to keep 
    alive and I don not regret it. However no one escapes side effects even if it is  onlyshort term fatgue.