Moo goo cream for radiation.

Options
Blondy
Blondy Member Posts: 238
edited June 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Received a big bottle of Moo goo cream for Christmas and when I started chemo received a gift from the chemo company which included a tube of the same cream. I was given Sorbelene by the radiotherapy nurse but I found the thick consistency of it unpleasant to smear over my breast. So I used up all my moo goo which had the ok from radiology. By chance I found the makers of Moo Goo do an oncology care pack for $40. It arrived within 5 days. It had my cream, milk shower wash for the shower, socks, and samples of tinted moisteriser. It was definitely value for money. They also do it as a gift package if you want to send it to someone. 

Comments

• JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Options
    I ordered my pack on Monday night and it arrived on Wed! I’ve used their creams before and find them very good. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Finch might be good for u. I always hear good things about moo goo. 
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Hello @Blondy - Has anyone used the Moo Goo deodorant ?  I am a bit thingy about the smell and feel of toiletries.  Anne
  • Blondy
    Options
    Blackwidow I recently started using the Moo goo deodrant after checking with my radiotherapy oncologist. He said it was fine. I have always used the pure crystal deodrant stick for around 30 years. Now I can stop dabbing my smelly pits thank goodness.
  • Fionap2017
    Fionap2017 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    I have used the moo goo deodorant and moisturiser since starting treatment and through my surgeries. Both are excellent, the deodorant really works and the cream was great during radiation. The oncology pack sounds great.
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi @BlackWidow I use all moo goo products, Shower wash, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, fly swat insect repellent, underarm deodorant, suncream. I love all of their products. I have been to the factory in Burleigh Heads and managed to get 100 sample tubes for the place I had my radiation.  I find it brilliant. I am still exploring other product from them. 
  • Blondy
    Options
    steplightly. I was in the chemist the other day and saw their toothpaste. It contained cinnimon and I'm not particularly a fan of cinnimon. I bought it and it tasted like I was cleaning my teeth with Christmas pudding. Too awful.
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi @Blondy Havent tried the toothpaste.. thanks for the tip.  Likely a no go for me too. The ones I use regularly I am happy with.. Maybe some strained apple with the toothpaste?..:)