Reconstruction surgery

Options
Sandy B
Sandy B Member Posts: 26
Hi Ladies, Anyone able to recommend a surgeon who specializes in breast reconstruction  I live in Brisbane's northern suburbs and will be paying for treatment myself   I have no health insurance & have had my mastectomy in a public hospital    I am on waiting list @ public hospital but have no idea how long i will have to wait for appointment etc    Many thanks

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Hey @Sandy B

Have you joined the Breast Reconstruction Group? here's the link if you would like to

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/1-choosing-breast-reconstruction

There would be a few ladies from Brisbane who could recommend someone I would think. I had my Mastectomy/Diep flap recon in Melbourne but my Surgeon and PS both work in the public system. So I had no out of pocket which was great.

Hugs Melinda
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Sandy B. I live brisbane north side had all my trestment at Redcliffe. On qlds huge wait list but have seen dr Benjamin green last Friday about my options including having it done as a private patient in the public system. He was awesome. Highly recommend him I’ll PM you the details and we can chat about it. I’ve been waiting 22 months and haven’t seen a surgeon yet in the public system hence why I saw him privately. And he said I’m still no where near the top of the list.  Margie x