Mixed meeting pre surgery

JoeyLiz
JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
edited February 2018 in General discussion
I had an ultrasound after the 4x AC and have now had 4x taxol (1x Herceptin and Perjeta)
an undetermined area was picked up on the ultrasound. So my surgeon appmt was Brough forward...He was really happy with the response from the main tumour, that makes him lean towards lumpectomy.
He ultrasounded the new “lesion”, but unsure what it is, I have to have another mammogram to see how close it is to the clips they placed.
If it’s far enough away they want to do a biopsy.
If it’s close they will leave it and remove it with the clips, this may mean that they have to take around 20% of my breast tissue, that may not cosmetically be good so may have to do mastectomy anyway.
He is leaning towards sentinel node biopsy in nodes despite the node being originally positive because of the risk of lymphodema and node has gone now. 
Overall it means definitely Radiation to Breast/chest wall + axilla and probably Scf. 
I have mixed feeling as originally I was told by sonographer “yay it’s shrunk by 50%”

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    More stress you don't need, what a bugger! Rads isn't that bad but no-one wants to go through the whole palaver. The goal posts keep shitting which is really unsettling, particularly when you think things are going OK and then something curly happens. Good luck. M xx
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,947
    Dear @Zoffiel - what are those goal posts doing? LOL . But you  are right.  I hope things become clearer for you ASAP @JoeyLiz. Bes wishes from Jennyss
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Oops. Me and my potty mouth, again. And I wasnt even trying! Autofill  knows me too well :) 
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Oh @JoeyLiz, that's a lot to deal wth. Fingers crossed for you. Keep us in the loop with how you go. Hugs. Xx
  • JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Thanks ladies. I have mammogram and ultrasound on tues to figure out where this new area is in relation to the clips 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good luck @JoeyLiz
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @JoeyLiz
     Glad you have an appointment on Tuesday ... Hugs