Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Goodbye to my friend, Ricki Hayes

Options
2»

Comments

• positive3negative
    positive3negative Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Dear Sue, 
    Thank you for your heart felt comment. I was saddened to hear that these circumstances made you feel ashamed. In circumstances like yours, I often find it helpful to imagine that instead of me, it is someone else in the same circumstances. I find it encourages me to be more empathetic with myself. If, for example, I had posted that I had only recently been diagnosed and felt unable to really pay tribute to my friend because of my own concerns, I think you would be very understanding and supportive. I'm currently well and have plenty of time and opportunity for giving back. If I had been in your circumstances that would not have been the case. <3

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Options
    Meg, sending you a big hug.  Losing Ricki would have cut you deeply.  What a beautiful eulogy you wrote for her, and the letter you enclosed from Ricki brought tears.  A wonderful tribute for a wonderful lady from a wonderful friend. xxxxx

• Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words to me @positive3negative . Your kindness shines through.  I would have liked to have met your dear friend Ricki. x
  • makebelievegirl
    makebelievegirl Member Posts: 20
    Options
    What a lovely way to remember your friend. My condolences.