Triple Negative breast cancer

Options
I was diagnosed at age 35 with breast cancer HER 2 positive, grade 3, spreading to one of my lymph nodes. I had AC, radio, Taxatere and then Herceptin.  12 years later to the month I have been diagnosed with a primary, triple negative in the same breast.  I have had a mastectomy and will start my AC on Friday.  Its been recommended I have genetic testing which I am all for.  I have no history of Breast Cancer in my family.  Just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation?

Comments

• nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Sorry to hear @helenr that you have had a recurrence of breast cancer. I’m not in the same situation but just wanted you to know that we are all here and care xx Lesley 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there so sorry to hear your news. A recurrence after all that time must be so unexpected. I haven’t had the recurrence but had triple negative bc last year aged 43. Had the genetic test as I was under 50 with no family history which I was negative for. Had 8 rounds of chemo 4 AC and 4 paclitaxol 2 weeks apart over 16 weeks. Finished my last round oct 16 last year. Took my left affected breast off so I only had to do chemo and not rads as well. I had a 3cm tumor and stage 2a for me no lymph node involvement and scans clear. Then I took the other boob off in November last year although not recommended just felt it was right for me. No recon yet still on the public list. Best of luck with your treatment hopefully you will get through it all ok. You’ve been through it before and it must be daunting to think about doing it again. Rest assured there are ladies on here who have had recurrence unfortunately,  but they will be a wealth of knowledge for you for any questions you will have and super supportive Biggest hug. Margie ❤️