Surgery done and dusted

Options
Artferret
Artferret Member Posts: 259
Just had surgery today and am feeling pretty relaxed...maybe my blood pressure has come down from its screaming heights! Or it just could be those blessed drugs

Comments

• Artferret
    Options
    Ok somehow half my comment got lost! Thanks to all who gave me advice on the sentinel node injection. I had a honey of a Doctor give it and it barely hurt at all. The staff were wonderful at the hospital. Having two hookwires put in under mammogram was an interesting experience, not painful just a bit uncomfortable at times. Now the waiting game starts again for results.....
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    Glad you're doing well. Rest up & keep relaxing.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Glad to hear all went well with surgery and hoping for a good pathology result for you. Keep us posted and ask if there is anything you need explained  - we are all  in this together and support each other XO
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Great news that your surgery is done @Artferret and I'm so glad the sentinel node injection was OK.  The waiting is hard, but you will have all of us sending you good wishes for great results.  Take care, Jane xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I know I felt relief to have it out of me. Rest and recover and catch up on some much needed sleep if you can. Kath x
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey @Artferret, Excellent that surgery is done. Just think of this part as enforced embroidery time :smiley: . Hopefully you have some glorious sunshine and warmth to get out into. All the best, let us know how you go with results. Xx 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Artferret so glad it all went so fantastic!!! So happy to hear it!! I don't know why but my Sentinel Node injections were excruciating, the most painful thing above everything Ive been through in 6 years. Thats why the nurse pre warned me, she also said though her previous patients said the same thing and thinks she had a bad batch :/ All the best xxx
  • Artferret
    Options
    Embroidery time @socoda will come when the muzzy feeling in my head goes away though the thought of a nap right now is rather inviting and the only blue sky weather I'd really like is one which involves me with a pair of skis clicked on and heading down ruined castle at Falls Creek. The best snow since 2010 and I can't be there...yet...3 weeks time is what I'm aiming for
  • Artferret
    Options
    Crikey half my comment has gone again! I don't know what I'm doing! I'm sorry you had such a bad time with your injections @melclarity . I had such a spunky honey of a male doctor do mine...every little bit helps
  • Artferret
    Options
    lost it again! Thanks for all your support. It is much appreciated. XxCath
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Artferret that is bizarre, this girl was super too but for some reason it wasn't just me, she said it was the batch. Needless to say LOL NEVER AGAIN!!! x