I just got a sex change....woot woot!!!

Options
AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 945
Had my pre surgery appointment with my surgeon today at a major teaching hospital here in Sydney. I had decided to ditch my turban or knitted beanie and go au naturel...bald and bold...so to speak. After said appointment I needed the loo, and was washing my hands after doing the deed. A woman pushed the door open, spotted me at the hand basin, and exclaimed in alarm, "Whoops...I thought this was the Ladies...sorry..." and started her backwards escape. I called out to her that, no, I wasn't a man, the short hair (well just a bit of peach fluff really), was as a result of chemo for cancer, and not because of a sex change. She rushed into a stall. cheeks aflame and I'm wondering if she's still hiding there now. I had thought that I could get away with taking my Chrome Dome for an outing at this hospital ...nekkid and free, but seemingly not. The sick and the lame walk, lurch and are wheeled up and down the main floor clutching catheter bags, pushing I.V.'s and sporting plaster casts with amazing scaffolding protruding through. All expected... all seen as normal for the venue. But the sight of a somewhat dumpy, somewhat shopworn old trout with a mango pip for a head, confused at least one poor woman. Tut tut...

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Lol. Bet that did a lot for your self esteem. Rock it bald and to hell with the stereotypes.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    OMG I cannot stop laughing!!!! :D I bet she was super embarrassed!!! What I like is you didnt give a damn!!! go girl!! xo
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Oh dear, I am chuckling too... Poor woman won't make that mistake again.  Be proud you are one strong woman.
    Hugs
    xxx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Bwahahaha!!! I love the mango pip, ya funny bugger!!
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    Hahahaha!
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    You paint a great picture, plaster casts and scaffolding! Love it. I would have loved to have seen that poor woman's face! Brilliant attitude Ally Jay!!  Jane xx
    Share Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Ha - mango pip got me too All Jay !!  What a fantastic, literal experience you have painted for us all. 

Thanks for the laugh - that is gold  :D
  • PaulaN
    PaulaN Member Posts: 237
    Options
    Soooo funny. Wish I were a fly on the wall. You handled it so well.  Still laughing & seeing it in my head
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Thanks for the morning giggle. I feel ready for the day now. <3
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh @Ally Jay
    the laugh I had reading this.... Dont you think ... your probably frightened the shit out of her she is probably still shitting herself .....hahaha 

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    I think you should have told her that you'd just had a sex change and waiting for hormones to kick in to grow hair and boobs.That would have freaked her more.