What a journey

Options
Pammy46
Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
What a journey the last 5 years of my life have been 
5 years this June my mum was diagnosed with cervical cancer at 68 she had a 8 cm tumour but after testing had not spread anywhere else she had chemo and rads including brac radiation she is doing great now..
2 years ago my sister who is 18 months older than me was diagnosed with colorectal cancer stage 3A 8 cm tumour spread to lymph nodes and pelvic region chemo and radiation could only shrink it ATM its calcified but not gone.. then 4 months ago my turn with breast I'm so tired of seeing my family suffer.. the weirdest part is my sister and I are so close she was diagnosed at 46 we are 18 months apart and exactly 18 months after her diagnosis I too at 46 was diagnosed my poor mum is devastated.. but everyday I find something to be positive about I'm here I'm fighting and I love life xx

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    @Pammy46 I reckon positivity is its own reward. Things seem brighter when there is a positive spin. I feel so lucky that I've been diagnosed in this day and age - far far luckier than a beautiful aunt approx 40years ago who had no anti nausea medications during chemo and who I watched being so very I'll. Keep up your wonderful positivity and loving your life - at least that way you'll know you'll enjoy it. Big hugs Xx Cath
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    Options

• fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
    @Pammy46 thats a very heavy 5 years. What has amazed me most about cancer is the nurses and doctors that have helped me. I once asked my oncologist why she does this job? She replied she loved it. From the beginning when the patient is scared and worried then seeing them healthy and happy at the end wow. My oncologist was very passionate and clearly cared for her patients. I met other patients of hers when I was doing chemo and they also had nothing but praise. So probably what I am trying to say are things could obviously be a whole lot better. I am amazed at the health professionals that go out of their way to make our lives so much easier.For that I am truly grateful.